skype in pictures
News about skype
Features about skype
Microsoft is rolling out a red carpet for iPhone and Android users, giving them a standalone version of Windows Phone's Cortana digital assistant and some help syncing their data to Windows PCs.
Skype will have to appear in a Belgian criminal court after ignoring a judge's order to give law enforcement officials access to data from calls between suspected criminals.
Microsoft today expanded the beta of Skype Translator, the real-time translation service demonstrated last fall, to all interested testers.
Microsoft loves subscriptions.
Microsoft plans to appeal a EU court ruling that found its Skype brand is too similar to that of British satellite broadcaster Sky, which holds a European trademark on audiovisual goods, telephony and software-related services categories.
Microsoft today began distributing the revamped Lync client, dubbed Skype for Business since last November, to Office customers.
Why Microsoft's Windows 10 release and recent acquisitions have put the software giant back on the top of the heap.
Website password strength meters, like a spouse asked to assess your haircut or outfit, often tell you only what you want to hear.
Things are changing at Microsoft. The company is embarking on a strategy that has cloud and mobile computing at its core. Software previously monopolised on Windows is being made available to customers of rivalling platforms. Investments are being made in innovative technologies, the likes of holographic headsets and interactive screens spanning 84-inches. And tying all of it together is one unified and seamless operating system.
At the Strata big data conference yesterday, Microsoft let the world know its Azure Machine Learning offering was generally available to developers. This may come as a surprise. Microsoft? Isn't machine learning the province of Google or Facebook or innumerable hot startups?
You can't get much more mundane that a computer mouse, right? Wrong - as these 15 weird and wonderful input devices prove.
Will Microsoft hold on to Nokia's three new X phones on Android once the deal to buy Nokia is final in the coming weeks? Three analysts attending the Mobile World Congress gave three different perspectives.
Nokia's three new Android smartphones -- the X, X+ and XL -- could prove to be the biggest lesson for the smartphone industry at the 2014 Mobile World Congress.
IT job seekers embrace social media, video and graphics to enhance their resumes and set themselves apart from other job applicants.
Microsoft's second-generation Surface tablets didn't dazzle analysts on Monday, even with improved processor speeds, better cameras and longer battery life.
Good news, small business owners! Microsoft has a new platform that's tailor-made for your needs. No, it's not an affordable version of Office or unlimited cloud-based storage. It's the new Xbox One.
- AMD may build ExactTrak data-zapping into its chips, to compete with Intel vPro
- Man charged with selling fake discount coupons on Silk Road
- Fujitsu brings internal security expertise to Australian market in cloud, managed security services push
- ISACA guides skills-challenged SMBs towards security governance
- Aon CMO: Employee, executive cultural shift needed for content marketing success
- Shazam launches visual recognition content offering for brands
- Vivid Sydney, Kathmandu and Crown take up Instagram carousel ads
- IBM creates industry-specific predictive analytics as Salesforce unveils big data Wave
- Why GoDaddy needs a CMO and a chief customer officer
- Exclusive Group secures new investment to support continued growth strategy
- Avaya awards its top Asia-Pacific channel partners
- A/NZ Shoppers deserting retailers due to online performance issues: Rackspace
- Fujitsu World Tour 2015: A focus on the healthy human side of IoT (+8 photos)
- More News
- 04 Jun
- Websense Data Theft Prevention Breakfast - Melbourne
- 04 Jun
- IM Experience, Sydney
- 09 Jun
- Ascom Nurse Call product launch
- 10 Jun
- D-Link IP Surveillance Training and Certification
- View all events