Optus is looking for a new boss for its Australian consumer business as chief executive officer (CEO), Kevin Russell, has stepped down.
SingTel has reported strong third quarter earnings despite adverse movements in the Australian dollar, helped out by the Optus' profit boost.
SingTel is sticking its proverbial toe in the vast content aggregator lake with the launch of its NewsLoop app.
Optus has seen its net profit increase 33 per cent to $218 million and earnings before tax growing 11 per cent to $23 million in its second quarter financial results, ending September 30.
SingTel and Optus Business have expanded their relationship with ANZ Bank, in a deal worth $530 million, to supply telecommunications and managed services for a further five years.
An 8,900 kilometer undersea fiber cable system in Asia, backed by a consortium including Google, China Telecom, NEC and a host of local telecommunications companies, went live Thursday.
Optus has has slashed 290 jobs as part of an organisational restructure it announced last month. The cuts will be made progressively over the next few weeks.
Optus has announced the shortlist of start-ups selected for the second season of the Optus-Innov8 Seed Program.
A long worn-out road leads to the plot of land where the Optus Sydney Satellite Earth Station resides.
Singtel-owned telco Optus is provide telecommunications and managed networks service to the ANZ bank under a new $500 million, five year contract.
Sign up now »
A cheat Sheet for Google Apps for Business
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- SXSW starts out with spotlight on security, as Google's Schmidt sounds off on NSA
- Google Play 'night vision camera' app will empty your wallet
- U.S. retailers insist on PIN requirement in smartcard rules
- Commonwealth pact to encourage collaboration on African online security
- Android malware detection boosted by university research
- Women's rights campaigns to take over social discovery app Tinder
- Telling the right story: Best Western's customer experience journey
- Trust issue looms large for tech companies capitalizing on personal data
- Getty makes 35 million images embeddable to gather data, monetize usage
- More followers can bring more social rage: Virgin Mobile