Google's foray into a $60 million undersea fiber optic cable construction project linking Florida to Brazil should help the search giant gain greater control of all aspects of Internet access while expanding its efforts to close the digital divide.
Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) has revealed that Paul O’Sullivan has stepped down from his role as chief executive officer (CEO) of subsidiary, Optus.
The expansion of the Melbourne-based search engine optimisation company, Web Marketing Experts, is set to create 115 new jobs.
Optus’ parent company, Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel), has labelled its Q1 2014/15 performance as “resilient” despite major investments to support business transformation and currency headwinds and drops in net profit, revenue and EBITDA.
Digital advertising platform and Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) subsidiary, Amobee Group, will acquire 100 per cent of both Adconion and Kontera Technologies for $US235 million and $US150m, respectively.
Microsoft has launched a raft of new partnerships and products to remove barriers to Cloud adoption as Gartner predicts almost half of all businesses will adopt hybrid Cloud by 2017.
Unified communications company Startel has been fined $320,000 for its telemarketing behaviour, which was found to be in breach of Australian consumer law.
Optus Business has merged its collaboration offerings into a hosted unified communications-as-a-service (UCaaS) suite.
A long worn-out road leads to the plot of land where the Optus Sydney Satellite Earth Station resides.
Singtel-owned telco Optus is provide telecommunications and managed networks service to the ANZ bank under a new $500 million, five year contract.
- Cabinet Office seeking suppliers for GOV.UK Verify
- Ofcom fended off 1,600 cyberattacks in two months, FoI request reveals
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' release after threats following cyberattack
- ‘Backdoor’ may be on 10m Coolpad Android smartphones
- Forensic software gets around iCloud security features
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year
- Predictive analytics for the masses gets closer with vendor investments
- Second-screen ad synching to take off in 2015