SI in pictures
News about SI
The latest ARN security roundtable - Building security partnerships to face next-gen threats - explored the threat landscape and how MSPs, SIs, and ISVs can partner to produce more secure solutions. Hot topics included: connected solutions and holistic approaches, asset assessment and prioritisation, the benefit of Cloud, and skills shortage. Full feature coverage of this roundtable will be included in the October 29 edition of ARN.
While the last three to five years have been about an accelerated shift away from box pushing to services-led sales based on business solutions, Jabra warns resellers (including systems integrators) against neglecting devices in customer conversations on unified communications (UC).
Systems integrator, Optimation, will look to hire and grow its Australian workforce, as it sees strong growth from the country.
Australian resellers are growing to accept vendors’ direct online models, with 11 per cent refusing to work with brands which bypass the channel, while the majority recognise that profitability lies within services.
Microsoft’s plans for Australia are very much about translating its global emphasis on ‘Cloud-first, mobile-first’ into the local market.
Nutanix is focusing its 12-month roadmap on capitalising on Citrix’s virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) footprint in Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ), with the vendor intent on scouting and converting customers using legacy hardware.
Winners of WatchGuard A/NZ Elite 2013 are in the midst of a rewards trip to Malaysia. Here are the highlights from day four's gala dinner.
Although Dell global intends to continue business as usual, the organisation believes its privatisation will allow it to accelerate channel operations within the local market, according to Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) channel general manager, Pete Murphy.
- Tourism Australia CMO Nick Baker resigns
- Focus on people, not social platforms: Klout CEO
- Why CMOs must embrace software and agility or risk a 'customerpocalypse'
- Aussie satisfaction in big data lags behind global results: Accenture
- Apple Pay hits U.S. stores Monday -- assuming buyers can find anywhere to use it
- Google Nexus 9 pre-sales start at $479
- Xero: Larking about, Kiwi style...
- World's most powerful life sciences supercomputing facility to stay in Victoria
- Nextgen Networks appoints former AAPT exec as new MD
- More News
- 21 Oct
- NewLease & Red Hat Breakfast Briefing (Melbourne)
- 21 Oct
- DCIM Solutions Architect
- 22 Oct
- NewLease & Microsoft Technical Sessions
- 23 Oct
- NewLease & Red Hat Breakfast Briefing (Sydney)
- View all events