Senator Stephen Conroy in pictures
News about Senator Stephen Conroy
Features about Senator Stephen Conroy
Nine Harvey Norman franchisees have been ordered to pay penalties of $234,000 for misleading consumers.
The toughest challenge now for the Rudd-led Labor party will be finding a new communications minister that can sell the National Broadband Network (NBN) to voters, according to independent telco analyst, Paul Budde.
Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has retorted against the Coalition government’s promise of providing retail broadband for $6 a month.
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has released an update to the national digital economy strategy, Advancing Australia as a Digital Economy, which lays out the next steps towards achieving an improved digital economy by 2020.
Communications minister Senator Stephen Conroy, has revealed the government’s National Strategy for Cloud Computing, at the CeBIT Conference in Sydney.
Australia's national broadcasters, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) and the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS), have been allocated an additional $109.4 million over three years so they can continue to provide high quality programming and services for Australian audiences.
The Satellite Phone Subsidy Scheme has been extended to June 30, 2014, to assist Australians living and working in regional and remote areas.
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has announced an extra $12.9 million for new digital initiatives to showcase the possibilities of the National Broadband Network.
The Digital Economy Strategy, recently announced at ceBIT Australia 2011, has been warmly received by the industry. But analysts are less certain of the strategy.
- Cybercrime group steals millions from Russian banks, targets US and European retailers
- South Korea nuclear operator runs drill after alleged hacker threat
- Exploits for dangerous network time protocol vulnerabilities can compromise systems
- Tor warns of possible disruption of network through server seizures
- Tor network offline in coming days due to Possible seizure
- Apple reopens Russian online store after boosting iPhone 6 price by 35%
- Google wants to turn browser signals of Web encryption upside down
- Decisions, decisions: Choices abound as data center architecture options expand
- Texas Instruments builds an alternative energy for the Internet of Things
- Top 3 Australian financial scams of 2014
- Being the first CMO: Mint Wireless' Justus Hammer talks data and results-driven marketing
- Fashioning a new style of customer interaction at The PAS Group
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Google hitches cloud data analysis to Java SDK
- DirecTV won't show 'The Interview,' others won't say
- Judge nixes HP's settlement of shareholder suit over Autonomy
- Simpler M2M connectivity promised as Sierra Wireless buys Swedish company
- More News