Senator Stephen Conroy in pictures
News about Senator Stephen Conroy
Features about Senator Stephen Conroy
Nine Harvey Norman franchisees have been ordered to pay penalties of $234,000 for misleading consumers.
The toughest challenge now for the Rudd-led Labor party will be finding a new communications minister that can sell the National Broadband Network (NBN) to voters, according to independent telco analyst, Paul Budde.
Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has retorted against the Coalition government’s promise of providing retail broadband for $6 a month.
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has released an update to the national digital economy strategy, Advancing Australia as a Digital Economy, which lays out the next steps towards achieving an improved digital economy by 2020.
Communications minister Senator Stephen Conroy, has revealed the government’s National Strategy for Cloud Computing, at the CeBIT Conference in Sydney.
Australia's national broadcasters, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) and the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS), have been allocated an additional $109.4 million over three years so they can continue to provide high quality programming and services for Australian audiences.
The Satellite Phone Subsidy Scheme has been extended to June 30, 2014, to assist Australians living and working in regional and remote areas.
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has announced an extra $12.9 million for new digital initiatives to showcase the possibilities of the National Broadband Network.
The Digital Economy Strategy, recently announced at ceBIT Australia 2011, has been warmly received by the industry. But analysts are less certain of the strategy.
- Farmers shut out of online services by new identity scheme
- Facebook says you can be social and secure, acquires .onion address for Tor users
- Swedish hacker finds 'serious' vulnerability in OS X Yosemite
- Court rules cops can demand fingerprints, not passcodes, to unlock smartphones
- Twitter's MoPub ad exchange grabs Verizon tracking cookies, and more may follow
- Over a quarter of Australians won’t bank on their mobile: Kaspersky
- Oct 31
- HDS A/NZ Partner Summit 2014 in Noosa (+15 photos)
- Oct 31
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- Oct 31
- Impact Systems boss wants to buy 10 resellers
- More News
- 05 Nov
- LIVE Webcast: Lessons Learned from the Biggest Security Breaches
- 05 Nov
- vForum 2014
- 10 Nov
- Ascom Myco Launch Event
- 11 Nov
- DCIM Certified Solutions Professional
- View all events