Senator Stephen Conroy in pictures
News about Senator Stephen Conroy
Features about Senator Stephen Conroy
Nine Harvey Norman franchisees have been ordered to pay penalties of $234,000 for misleading consumers.
The toughest challenge now for the Rudd-led Labor party will be finding a new communications minister that can sell the National Broadband Network (NBN) to voters, according to independent telco analyst, Paul Budde.
Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has retorted against the Coalition government’s promise of providing retail broadband for $6 a month.
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has released an update to the national digital economy strategy, Advancing Australia as a Digital Economy, which lays out the next steps towards achieving an improved digital economy by 2020.
Communications minister Senator Stephen Conroy, has revealed the government’s National Strategy for Cloud Computing, at the CeBIT Conference in Sydney.
Australia's national broadcasters, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) and the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS), have been allocated an additional $109.4 million over three years so they can continue to provide high quality programming and services for Australian audiences.
The Satellite Phone Subsidy Scheme has been extended to June 30, 2014, to assist Australians living and working in regional and remote areas.
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has announced an extra $12.9 million for new digital initiatives to showcase the possibilities of the National Broadband Network.
The Digital Economy Strategy, recently announced at ceBIT Australia 2011, has been warmly received by the industry. But analysts are less certain of the strategy.
- Apple outsmarts the thieves
- David Cameron appoints special envoy for intelligence and law enforcement data sharing
- Is eBay trading too much security for seller happiness?
- GCHQ harnessing analytical skills of 120 dyslexic and dyspraxic spies
- McAfee announces 2015 editions of its antivirus and security suites
- TechnologyOne hits $1 billion market capitalisation
- Aussie reseller targets NZ with new partnership
- Telstra to use and resell DocuSign
- Comms Alliance drafts VDSL2 standards for NBN performance
- More News
- 29 Sep
- Vendor and Supplier Management Workshop
- 30 Oct
- Ovum 2020 Telecoms Summit
- 05 Nov
- vForum 2014
- 25 Nov
- GovInnovate Summit
- View all events