Senator Stephen Conroy in pictures
News about Senator Stephen Conroy
Features about Senator Stephen Conroy
The toughest challenge now for the Rudd-led Labor party will be finding a new communications minister that can sell the National Broadband Network (NBN) to voters, according to independent telco analyst, Paul Budde.
Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has retorted against the Coalition government’s promise of providing retail broadband for $6 a month.
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has released an update to the national digital economy strategy, Advancing Australia as a Digital Economy, which lays out the next steps towards achieving an improved digital economy by 2020.
Communications minister Senator Stephen Conroy, has revealed the government’s National Strategy for Cloud Computing, at the CeBIT Conference in Sydney.
Australia's national broadcasters, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) and the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS), have been allocated an additional $109.4 million over three years so they can continue to provide high quality programming and services for Australian audiences.
The Satellite Phone Subsidy Scheme has been extended to June 30, 2014, to assist Australians living and working in regional and remote areas.
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has announced an extra $12.9 million for new digital initiatives to showcase the possibilities of the National Broadband Network.
Telstra, Optus and TPG have secured wireless spectrum in the digital dividend auction, collectively forking out just under $2 billion, the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has revealed.
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
The Digital Economy Strategy, recently announced at ceBIT Australia 2011, has been warmly received by the industry. But analysts are less certain of the strategy.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
ABT Online, an IBM® Business Partner, needed to refresh its ageing multi-platform managed services infrastructure to support existing enterprise clients and to serve new small to medium business customers.Most Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.CSOComputerworldCIOTechworld
- Telstra loses case against ACCC, Vocus Communications and iiNet subsidiaries
- TPG's FTTB plan could upset NBN: Switkowski
- Should Australian businesses fear US cloud vendors?
- NBN transit network hits terabit speeds in Toowoomba trial
- Some Australian businesses 'unlikely' to be ready for Privacy Act changes: survey
- 8 attributes of the successful CMO
- Foxtel employs wearable technology to give AFL fans a more sensory experience
- Social Media Getting More Spontaneous and Less Personal
- Businesses adopt a digital strategy but most are skeptical of success
- Telstra breached privacy of over 15k customers: Privacy Commissioner
- IT graduate numbers fall 50 per cent in past decade: ABS
- Privacy changes: One in three SMEs now risk $1.7 million fines
- Victorian government partners US research body in $55 million biotechnology push
- Equinix boosts broadband in Vanuatu
- More News
- 13 Mar
- JuiceIT 2014
- 18 Mar
- Webinar: Your key to unlocking sustainable profits
- 19 Mar
- WEBINAR: Cloud Computing 2014 - Why it can be a real competitive advantage for s...
- 20 Mar
- Navigating Analytics
- View all events