seagate in pictures
News about seagate
Features about seagate
Research by Seagate has found 45 per cent of Australian SMBs have lost work from not backing-up effectively.
Seagate generate revenue of approximately $US3.3 billion for the quarter, with a gross margin of 28.0 per cent.
Australian distributor, Distribution Central (DC), has entered a partnership which will see its SAN Systems business unit deliver EVault’s Cloud-connected services to Australian and New Zealand (A/NZ) resellers.
Distributor, Bluechip Infotech, has unveiled its expanded vendor lineup as part of it national roadshow following a merger with TrackIT Online.
Distributor Bluechip infotech brought its national roadshow to Sydney with more than 25 vendors.
Seagate is set to pay $450 million in cash for Avago's Accelerated Solution Division in a move to strengten the storage vendor's capabilities in flash.
IT veteran Ian McLean has left the managing director post at Belkin, leaving the door open for Stephanie Ogden, a former sales director for the business to take the helm.
Seagate is now shipping what it says is the world’s fastest nearline 6TB drive for Cloud-based data centres.
Seagate jumped into the SSD (solid state drive) market today with the unveiling of its Pulsar drives. SSD drives have been a growing segment, but Seagate adds significant credibility and opens up new possibilities for the nascent technology.
The scoop: FreeAgent DockStar, by Seagate, about $US100
Network-attached storage (NAS), once only available (and affordable) for enterprises, is becoming more common for small business and even home use. And necessary - if you are looking for secure backups for your data, a single backup disk collecting data once or twice a day is no longer enough.
Capitalizing on the buzz around green IT, Seagate and Western Digital have released new "green" hard drives designed to use less power (in part by spinning more slowly than the latest generation of drives) and produce less heat (thus requiring less cooling).
Solid-state disk (SSD) drives are all the rage among techies. The drives use non-volatile NAND flash memory, meaning there are no moving parts. Because there is no actuator arm and read/write head that must seek out data on a platter like on a hard disk drive (HDD), they are faster in reading and, in most cases, writing data.
- Microsoft takes the ‘ass’ out of Glasshole with a people-blocker
- Mastercard trials voice and face recognition mobile payment technology
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
- Sep 19
- Blue Jeans Network launches Command Centre
- Sep 19
- Brennan IT takes top honours at Microsoft and HP partner awards
- Sep 19
- Hackers hold almost 20,000 Australians to ransom using CryptoWall
- Sep 19
- NSW Government telco procurement system saves taxpayer more than $3 million
- More News
- 29 Sep
- Vendor and Supplier Management Workshop
- 30 Oct
- Ovum 2020 Telecoms Summit
- 05 Nov
- vForum 2014
- 25 Nov
- GovInnovate Summit
- View all events