seagate in pictures
News about seagate
Features about seagate
Jamie Lerner has been appointed the new head of Cloud systems and solutions at Seagate.
Storage vendor, Seagate, finished the second quarter of the 2014 fiscal year (ended December 27) with revenue of $US3.53 billion, with a gross margin of 28 per cent, net income of $US428 million, and diluted earnings per share of $US1.24.
For many customers, selecting an internal storage device often means having to make the choice between a solid state drive and a hard drive. This can lead to compromises: if they want speed, they will forego capacity; if they want capacity, they will get it at the expense of speed. What if you could offer your customers a drive that serves up data quickly, has a high capacity, and which also doesn't cost much more than a conventional hard drive?
Storage vendor, Seagate, has filled two strategic executive positions through the internal promotions of Dave Mosley and Rocky Pimentel.
Storage hardware vendor, Seagate, has announced a private share redemption transaction with electronics manufacturer, Samsung, in the amount of 32.7 million ordinary shares, representing around nine per cent of the former’s shares outstanding as of the end of the first fiscal quarter of 2014.
Last month's awarding of the 2020 Olympic Games to Tokyo could be great news for technology.
Electronics vendors, Seagate, HGST, Toshiba, and Western Digital (WD), have partnered to create the Storage Products Association (SPA), a forum intended to educate manufacturers, consumers and professionals about storage technologies and their significance.
NZ-based business technology solutions provider, Datacom, has appointed Fred King to the newly-created position of partnering and platform strategy manager for Australia.
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
Seagate jumped into the SSD (solid state drive) market today with the unveiling of its Pulsar drives. SSD drives have been a growing segment, but Seagate adds significant credibility and opens up new possibilities for the nascent technology.
The scoop: FreeAgent DockStar, by Seagate, about $US100
Network-attached storage (NAS), once only available (and affordable) for enterprises, is becoming more common for small business and even home use. And necessary - if you are looking for secure backups for your data, a single backup disk collecting data once or twice a day is no longer enough.
Capitalizing on the buzz around green IT, Seagate and Western Digital have released new "green" hard drives designed to use less power (in part by spinning more slowly than the latest generation of drives) and produce less heat (thus requiring less cooling).
Solid-state disk (SSD) drives are all the rage among techies. The drives use non-volatile NAND flash memory, meaning there are no moving parts. Because there is no actuator arm and read/write head that must seek out data on a platter like on a hard disk drive (HDD), they are faster in reading and, in most cases, writing data.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
Forrester Consulting has performed a total economic impact (TEI ) analysis, commissioned by Google, for organizations considering switching to Google Apps from a traditional, on-premise environment for messaging and collaboration. In a study entitled “The Total Economic Impact of Google Apps,” the research and advisory firm shows that Google Apps reduces IT costs while offering even greater gains in employee productivity.Most Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Abortion clinic BPAS fined £200k after website hack
- Europol chief warns against sending sensitive data over public wi-fi
- Government considers higher fines for data protection breaches
- SXSW starts out with spotlight on security, as Google's Schmidt sounds off on NSA
- Google Play 'night vision camera' app will empty your wallet
- Women's rights campaigns to take over social discovery app Tinder
- Telling the right story: Best Western's customer experience journey
- Trust issue looms large for tech companies capitalizing on personal data
- Getty makes 35 million images embeddable to gather data, monetize usage
- More followers can bring more social rage: Virgin Mobile
- Mar 07
- CA Technologies A/NZ boss steps down
- Mar 07
- Ecotech strikes Indian distribution deal
- Mar 07
- ICT could save Australians $8.1 billion and cut carbon emissions: Telstra
- Mar 07
- Dicker Data shoulders $140 million debt to fund takeover
- More News
- 13 Mar
- JuiceIT 2014
- 18 Mar
- Webinar: Your key to unlocking sustainable profits
- 19 Mar
- WEBINAR: Cloud Computing 2014 - Why it can be a real competitive advantage for s...
- 20 Mar
- Navigating Analytics
- View all events