Any business that anticipates using cloud-based services should be asking the question: What can my cloud provider do for me in terms of providing digital forensics data in the event of any legal dispute, civil or criminal case, cyberattack or data breach?
Symantec today began offering multi-algorithm SSL certificates for Web servers that go beyond traditional crypto to include what's known as the Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA), which the firm says will be 10,000 times harder to break than an RSA-bit key. Certificates are used to prove site identity to the visitor through a validation check that involves the user's browser and the site certificate, and Symantec is making the argument that authentication will happen faster using this particular ECC algorithm.
Cryptography Research, known for its crypto system-breaking stunts, will be at it again at the RSA Conference in San Francisco next month when it shows a way to steal encryption keys off hardware chips and smart cards.
EMC Corporation’s security division, RSA, has released a Security Brief which asserts that Big Data will be a driver for major change across the security industry and will fuel intelligence-driven security models.
RSA, the security division of EMC, is looking to big data for the future of security, arguing that applying analytics to massive amounts of data related to users, their devices and network management will be increasingly important to detect fraud and cyberattacks.
As the rhetoric heats up over cyberwar -- including warnings that attacks on the U.S. are imminent and alarms that the U.S. has escalated the risk via malware attacks on Iran's nuclear program -- the rules of engagement are missing in action.
Although vendor-written, this contributed piece does not advocate a position that is particular to the author's employer and has been edited and approved by Network World editors.
The SpyEye banking malware continues to plague computers across the world and is proving to be a difficult foe to detect and remove from infected Windows PCs, according to two researchers from EMC's RSA security division.
Managed security services have been growing in popularity over the past several years, and the latest task enterprises are looking to offload to an outside provider is security information management.
Sign up now »
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager (Events/Exhibitions)NSW
- FTSEO Account ManagerVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTSEO Account ManagerNSW
- FTAcquisition Online Marketing Manager $140k plus super and bonus.NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ExecutivesNSW
- Overconfident execs failing security’s latent big data challenge: McAfee
- Malware numbers just keep growing
- Public cloud benefits outweigh security and data sovereignty risks, says head of Parliament IT
- Google Glass panic triggers rise in facial-recognition blockers
- Massive Java update won't get Oracle out of attacker's crosshairs
- Aussie organisations rate social collaboration platforms as top IT investment: Report
- Financial services firm figures out how to do social safely
- Social media adds spice to financial services, say banks
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment