reseller in pictures
News about reseller
Features about reseller
WESTCON IMAGINE 2014: Resilience that saved QF32 will help IT companies survive, says Richard de Crespigny
More than just technology, experienced and knowledgeable leadership is mandatory for the survival of IT companies due to the uncertainties and potential risks of technology, according to Richard de Crespigny.
Westcon Group underpinned its Imagine 2014 conference with a ‘best practice, next practice’ theme, in which it promised to focus on the former to allow resellers to invest in the latter.
Integrate 2014 hosted more than 500 vendors across the audio-visual, unified communications (UC) and smart building industries. In addition to information and training seminars, the exhibition contained an open roadshow floor of local and international technology vendors and integrators, including IT giants and disruptors.
The combination of strong performances in community broadband and fixed wireless alongside investments in unified communications, Cloud, and managed services has resulted in significant improvements to BigAir’s financials.
Massachusetts-based datacentre infrastructure vendor, SimpliVity, has confirmed its move into Asia-Pacific and Japan (APJ) and has appointed Distribution Central (DC) to aid in its expansion.
Cisco chief technology officer (CTO), Kevin Bloch, opened his presentation at Westcon Group Imagine 2014 with a quote borrowed (and rephrased) from Bill Gates: “computing is essential to a modern economy, but computers and IT departments are not.”
Cloud infrastructure is under pressure to adapt to storage, security and network demands, but while public Cloud has produced success stories, it should not be a go-to for everyone, according to EMC Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) pre-sales manager, Darren Reynolds.
The recurring theme at Westcon Group’s Imagine 2014 conference is its promise that it will not compete with either vendors or resellers.
A selection of Westcon Group’s vendor partners sat alongside the distributions Asia-Pacific services and Cloud solutions director, Darryl Grauman, to negotiate the state of resellers in the current Cloud climate, and where small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) fit in its adoption.
- CryptoLocker's UK victims escape malware's clutches with backups
- Netflix open sources internal threat monitoring tools
- Symantec courting Australian security talent as Sydney facility opened
- The week in security: Healthcare breach prompts govt security response
- Cleveland Indians turn to SIEM in malware, botnet battle
- How video content is powering 12WBT's member and social media marketing strategy
- AMI appoints Lee Tonitto as new CEO
- Cloudwords CMO: Marketing is returning to the human element
- Amazon to acquire video game streaming site Twitch for US$970 million
- Automation and data management technologies top marketing tech list
- Melbourne IT profit takes a tumble
- WESTCON IMAGINE 2014: Resilience that saved QF32 will help IT companies survive,...
- SME business sentiment falls
- CA Expo '14: New MD heralds "application economy" (+90 photos)
- More News
- 27 Aug
- BizTalk Summit 2014, Australia
- 27 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Sydney
- 28 Aug
- CA IT Leaders Forum ’14 Canberra
- 29 Aug
- CA Expo ’14 Perth
- View all events