BlackBerry's co-founders, Mike Lazaridis and Doug Fregin, are working with advisors to explore buying all or part of the ailing BlackBerry, according to a US Securities and Exchange Commission filing.
Cyber exercises, like the Quantum Dawn 2 drill carried out by dozens of Wall Street firms this week, can be useful in helping financial firms close critical gaps in their incident response capabilities, analysts said.
Starting at around 8.30 a.m. ET Thursday, dozens of major Wall Street firms will come under a series of simulated cyberattacks aimed at crippling financial services networks around the country.
Arista Networks this week unveiled software-defined networking (SDN) extensions to its data center switch operating system that tie the company's products into cloud orchestration and flow management systems.
Aruba Networks announced a Wi-Fi controller today that can create more efficient pathways for wireless traffic and control more than 32,000 Wi-Fi hotspots.
Cisco has introduced small cell hardware and intelligent software designed to help carriers and enterprises improve wireless connections over hybrid networks made of 3G and 4G cellular and Wi-Fi technologies
The project had been going on for the past 12 months and a number of partners helped to build it
Tandberg Data, Imation and Fujifilm have announced separately that they are shipping the new LTO-6 tape drive technology offering up to 1.4TB per hour throughput.
Now that EMC has purchased deduplication technology leader Data Domain, its reseller agreements with the likes of FalconStor Software Inc. and Quantum Corp. for the same type of single-instancing technology could be in jeopardy. Quantum resells both its tape libraries and dedupe software through EMC, sales that amount to less than 10% of its revenue.
Sign up now »
Up until just a few years ago, the hard disc drive (HDD) was the de facto choice for storage in a laptop or desktop computer. Today computer users have more options to fine-tune storage to exactly what they need. Solid state drives (SSD) and newer solid state hybrid drives (SSHD) can enhance the performance of your computer compared to using a traditional hard drive. So whether it’s a new computer or an upgrade to
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Study finds most mobile apps put your security and privacy at risk
- Why CIOs stick with cloud computing despite NSA snooping scandal
- Sen. Markey wants to know: Can your car be hacked?
- Microsoft customer privacy vs. NSA snooping
- Android flashlight app developer settles FTC charges of sharing geolocation data
- Core wars redux: Intel to ship 15-core chip
- It's that time of the year again – Galaxy S5 rumor time!
- Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols: Amazon Drone: Stunt or service?
- Careers site Glassdoor raises $50M, plans to grow staff, expand abroad
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New report busts myths about millennials and their digital and social behaviour
- How to start the journey towards customer-centricity
- Gaining efficiency around search-based marketing: REA Group's keyword quest
- In 2014, brands will need to be digital first -- and we need to help them change
- Yahoo acquires mobile video app startup Ptch