Telstra has launched a new business-to-business video service which gives Cloud customers access to high definition video communication.
Sales of video conferencing and telepresence hardware systems are declining, hurt by an increase in cloud and software-based options that often are cheaper and simpler to deploy, according to an IDC study.
Tablets today are more than just a substitute to traditional computing devices such as desktops or laptops, according to Polycom.
Scott McCool has been promoted to group vice president of information technology and chief information officer (CIO) at Polycom.
Dimension Data’s education arm, Dimension Data Learning Solutions (DDLS), has qualified to provide Polycom training and programs, having achieved Authorised Training Partner status.
Polycom expects video collaboration to become necessary for organisations in driving operating efficiency over the coming months.
Centre table video conferencing is the latest innovation touted by Polycom as part of its most recent addition to its Microsoft Lync compatible devices.
Unified collaboration and communication vendor, Polycom, has named Peter Leav to lead the company as its new president and chief executive officer (CEO).
Videoconferencing is available for desktops and even through specially designed rooms called telepresence systems, but on wireless handhelds? According to Robert Hagerty, who has been CEO of Polycom for 10 years, it could be widely available soon.
- Despite shocks, organisations still not making security a continuous process: Bussiere
- Analysis skills lacking as security data piles up, consultant warns
- Virtual servers still face real security threats
- Is Bring Your Own Identity a security risk or advantage?
- Insecure Connections: Enterprises hacked after neglecting third-party risks
- Rip Curl rides wearable wave with smartwatch for surfers
- JC Penney: Finding the right customer engagement strategy
- Brands demonstrate a hotchpotch of IT/marketing relationships
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people