Sales of video conferencing and telepresence hardware systems are declining, hurt by an increase in cloud and software-based options that often are cheaper and simpler to deploy, according to an IDC study.
Tablets today are more than just a substitute to traditional computing devices such as desktops or laptops, according to Polycom.
Scott McCool has been promoted to group vice president of information technology and chief information officer (CIO) at Polycom.
Dimension Data’s education arm, Dimension Data Learning Solutions (DDLS), has qualified to provide Polycom training and programs, having achieved Authorised Training Partner status.
Polycom expects video collaboration to become necessary for organisations in driving operating efficiency over the coming months.
Centre table video conferencing is the latest innovation touted by Polycom as part of its most recent addition to its Microsoft Lync compatible devices.
Unified collaboration and communication vendor, Polycom, has named Peter Leav to lead the company as its new president and chief executive officer (CEO).
Unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) vendor, Polycom, has opened office in Brisbane, hoping to capitalise from what it sees as a “particularly strong region for growth.”
Videoconferencing is available for desktops and even through specially designed rooms called telepresence systems, but on wireless handhelds? According to Robert Hagerty, who has been CEO of Polycom for 10 years, it could be widely available soon.
- Zero-day flaws in Tails aren't for sale, vulnerability broker says
- Nigerian scammers move from gullible consumers to businesses
- Google details Knox-inspired enterprise ‘managed profiles’ for Android L
- Apple "inadvertently admitted" to iOS backdoor: forensics expert
- Juniper jettisons mobile security business
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution
- Pinterest peaks, Facebook falters in customer satisfaction survey of social sites