Brocade has announced Gary Denman as its new senior director, and will place his focus on accelerating growth in the software networking market.
Telstra has launched a new business-to-business video service which gives Cloud customers access to high definition video communication.
Sales of video conferencing and telepresence hardware systems are declining, hurt by an increase in cloud and software-based options that often are cheaper and simpler to deploy, according to an IDC study.
Tablets today are more than just a substitute to traditional computing devices such as desktops or laptops, according to Polycom.
Scott McCool has been promoted to group vice president of information technology and chief information officer (CIO) at Polycom.
Dimension Data’s education arm, Dimension Data Learning Solutions (DDLS), has qualified to provide Polycom training and programs, having achieved Authorised Training Partner status.
Polycom expects video collaboration to become necessary for organisations in driving operating efficiency over the coming months.
Centre table video conferencing is the latest innovation touted by Polycom as part of its most recent addition to its Microsoft Lync compatible devices.
Videoconferencing is available for desktops and even through specially designed rooms called telepresence systems, but on wireless handhelds? According to Robert Hagerty, who has been CEO of Polycom for 10 years, it could be widely available soon.
- Google reports a 19% jump in US government data requests
- Yahoo slams new 'digital will' law in US, says users have privacy when they die
- Open-source project promises easy-to-use encryption for email, instant messaging and more
- How network virtualization is used as a security tool
- Australia's cloud appetite fed by big data: new WatchGuard head
- Why leaders need to balance intuition with data analytics
- Optus claims world-first with Facebook trending campaign launching pre-paid offer
- Report: Customer data analysis is up, but execs still rely on intuition for strategic decisions
- US retailer Kohl's develops prototype to predict shopping trolley abandonment
- Google acquires online survey specialist Polar