Pirate Bay co-founder Peter Sunde is planning to run for the European Parliament in 2014.
The Pirate Bay has opened two new gateways to its internal network in order to shield its current Internet provider, the Swedish Pirate Party, which had been threatened with legal action if it did not stop providing Internet access to the torrent search site by Tuesday.
The Swedish Pirate Party faces a lawsuit if it does not stop providing Internet access to The Pirate Bay file-sharing site by next Tuesday.
A new anti-film piracy group has hit the headlines over its intention to take legal action against individual alleged copyright infringers on behalf of film studios. But some observers have questioned the efficacy of this tactic in deterring piracy and whether this is just a ploy for studios – and their lawyers - to make an easy buck.
Police in Germany have confiscated servers belonging to the Pirate Party as part of a criminal investigation.
Internet rights advocacy groups have savaged a report that lists the dire economic consequences of Internet piracy.
The Pirate Party won't contest the Federal Election on August 21.
The anti-filter and pro-filter camps have put in their two cents on the Federal Government’s decision to delay the mandatory Internet clean-feed.
Sweden's Pirate Party won 7.13 percent of the vote in elections earlier this month. Its campaign for the respect of privacy, the reform of copyright law and the abolition of the patent system earned it a seat in the European Parliament, and it may yet gain another seat there, if planned changes to the number of seats attributed to each country win approval.
Sign up now »
As MSPs deploy new applications, their underlying IT infrastructures become more complex. This whitepaper looks into how IBM® SmartCloud Application Performance Management can deliver the insights to minimise issues. By intelligently managing traditional IT, virtualised, cloud and hybrid environments, it helps ensure optimal performance, minimal disruptions and superior end-user experience.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
- AusCERT 2013: What's it like to be a 'Nigerian scam' victim?
- AusCERT 2013: Ashley Deuble: Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes