Australia’s largest IT recruiter has predicted a spike in the ICT jobs market following the election of a “pro-business” Abbott government.
The Australian ICT jobs market has shown signs of recovery following a late-quarter lift in demand for ICT skills in NSW, and to a lesser extent SA and the ACT, according to Peoplebank.
Demand for ICT skills experienced a ‘reasonably sound’ level during the first quarter of 2013, according to the Peoplebank Salary Index.
ICT contractor rates are rising, signalling what could be “a record year for contract workers", according to the latest findings from IT recruiter, Peoplebank.
Pay rises were evident in some of the 50 IT roles such as project architects, programmers and related technicians that Peoplebank tracks across Australia’s main cities
Telstra (ASX:TLS) has slashed hiring from several tier 1 contractor agencies and ordered them not to renew Statement of Work (SoW) contracts. The decision came as over a thousand contractors were stood down for six weeks over the Christmas period.
The Government’s ICT contractor reduction program is one of many initiatives aimed at developing and retaining in-house skills, a department CIO claims.
A new survey by the Association of Professional Engineers, Scientists & Managers, Australia (APESMA) about the state of the Australian ICT workplace has highlighted the dire effect the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) has had on local IT professionals.
Sign up now »
How an automated survey process provides guidance for better growth and profitability.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
Microsoft has now ended its support for Windows XP, which means that a security sinkhole will likely open and gradually widen, threatening hundreds of millions of PCs worldwide in homes, companies, government agencies and schools. Along with the Y2K bug, Windows XP’s support termination is one of the computer industry’s most publicised -- and most ignored -- deadlines, towards which many business and IT managers have taken a curiously casual attitude. The implications could be dire for those organizations that continue to use Windows XP, a decrepit operating system Microsoft.
- Hackers try to blackmail plastic surgeon after stealing 500,000 patient records
- Michaels says breach at its stores affected nearly 3M payment cards
- DDoS Attackers Change Techniques To Wallop Sites
- IT security is national security -- but you're not alone
- Federal CIOs Moving Cybersecurity Beyond Compliance
- In pictures: Customer 360 Symposium hits the Hunter Valley
- Why CMOs must embrace the seven principles of agile marketing
- Google opens the floodgates for new 'social' ads
- Telefónica starts exchange for targeted mobile ads
- Crowdsource guide ranks marketing automation platforms by user recommendations and company size