Australia’s largest IT recruiter has predicted a spike in the ICT jobs market following the election of a “pro-business” Abbott government.
The Australian ICT jobs market has shown signs of recovery following a late-quarter lift in demand for ICT skills in NSW, and to a lesser extent SA and the ACT, according to Peoplebank.
Demand for ICT skills experienced a ‘reasonably sound’ level during the first quarter of 2013, according to the Peoplebank Salary Index.
ICT contractor rates are rising, signalling what could be “a record year for contract workers", according to the latest findings from IT recruiter, Peoplebank.
Pay rises were evident in some of the 50 IT roles such as project architects, programmers and related technicians that Peoplebank tracks across Australia’s main cities
Telstra (ASX:TLS) has slashed hiring from several tier 1 contractor agencies and ordered them not to renew Statement of Work (SoW) contracts. The decision came as over a thousand contractors were stood down for six weeks over the Christmas period.
The Government’s ICT contractor reduction program is one of many initiatives aimed at developing and retaining in-house skills, a department CIO claims.
A new survey by the Association of Professional Engineers, Scientists & Managers, Australia (APESMA) about the state of the Australian ICT workplace has highlighted the dire effect the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) has had on local IT professionals.
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Disaster as CryptoWall encrypts US firm's entire server installation
- Cancer Research UK: ‘We thought the #nomakeupselfie campaign was a DDoS attack'
- Apple hands 8 execs stock awards worth up to $27M
- Toshiba Chromebook 2 review: An attractive Chrome OS experience
- Automation arrives at restaurants (but don't blame rising minimum wages)
- Usage alert compliance a priority as TCP code enforcement heads into year three
- Symantec donates $260k towards cyberbullying prevention
- 5 great examples of augmented reality in marketing
- Catch of the Day retailer hooks fresh customer insight with NPS
- Tourism Australia's Nick Baker wins AMI Marketer of the Year
- Content marketing can't be measured on the last-click: Outbrain CEO
- Latest crowdsourced guide rates top A/B testing vendors for marketers