optus in pictures
News about optus
Interviews about optus
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA)’s former boss, Bill Morrow, expected the telecommunications provider’s subscriber loss to halt by mid-2014, but the company continues to feel the aftermath of its 2010 outages.
The central business districts (CBDs) of Darwin and Perth have gained a head start in commercial access to Optus’ 700MHz-based 4G, with the telecommunications provider having switched on the network today.
Optus deployed mobile developer 7’s mobile chat capability for the Optus mobile app.
Australian telco, MyNetFone, is set to acquire the business and intellectual property of wholesale telco enabler, iBoss.
Asus is working with Australian telcos to re-enter the local smartphone market by next year. The Taiwanese company plans on bringing its ZenFone range to Australian carriers and retailers, while also increasing its range of Intel-powered tablets and notebooks.
Amaysim has promoted its chief commercial officer, Julian Ogrin, to the newly-created position of managing director as its hunts for its millionth customer.
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
Vodafone is apologising to customers for nationwide mobile network outages by offering unlimited data usage within Australia from midnight Friday, June 20, to 3:00am on Monday, June 23 (AEST).
Features about optus
While Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) has been in the Australian market for several years, the company has recently found itself in the spotlight following a series of high profile acquisitions. ARN spoke to NTT’s Australian managing director and CEO, Yoshimasa Hashimoto, about its local plans.<
The Federal Government’s $36 billion National Broadband Network (NBN) aspires to be an open-access network which will eventually level the playing-field in the broadband market for ISPs nationwide.
But one company already has its own open-access network, albeit on a smaller scale.
TransACT began its life in the 2000 and has strong ties with the main utility services supplier in ACT, ActewAGL. Its origins stemmed from the fact Telstra and Optus left Canberra out of their HFC broadband network footprint.
Samsung's new Galaxy Note 3 is the company's third-generation Note smartphone, and it's set to be released on Thursday, 3 October in Australia. We've just got our hands on a review unit for a first look!
Apple's new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c smartphones will be launched in Australia on Friday, 20 September. To aid your buying decision, we've rounded up all pricing and plan details from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.
Nokia's new Lumia 925 Windows Phone hits Australia at the end of this month, and we've just been handed a review unit. Can it breathe life into the struggling Windows Phone operating system in Australia? We've taken a quick first look to find out.
If you're currently in the market for an Android phone, both the HTC One and the Sony Xperia Z should be at the top of your shopping list. Both are set to hit the Australian market shortly, but which one is right for you?
Technology giant Apple recently unveiled the company's latest iPhone -- the iPhone 4S. Featuring an identical physical design to the previous iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S (like the iPhone 3GS before it) is betting on faster performance, a better camera and a new voice recognition service to win over consumers.
Singtel-owned telco Optus is provide telecommunications and managed networks service to the ANZ bank under a new $500 million, five year contract.
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- How to prevent a website compromise like StubHub
- Nigerian 419 scammers diversifying into Trojan malware, finds Palo Alto
- Internet Explorer vulnerabilities surge to record levels in 2014, NVD figures reveal
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- Jul 25
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Jul 25
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added dis...
- More News
- 29 Jul
- SplunkLive!; Canberra
- 05 Aug
- Systems Technology Day - Build Your Own Private Cloud
- 06 Aug
- Oracle Employee Experience Journey Mapping Workshops
- 20 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Melbourne
- View all events