nicta in pictures
News about nicta
Interviews about nicta
Australian independent software vendors are emerging as a major chunk of Australian IT exports on the back of easy to deploy Cloud services which allow massive scale with little investment.
Australian IT research body NICTA will bring together the world's leading computer scientists to develop multi-fuel electricity generation systems with Los Alamos Laboratory.
National ICT Australia has appointed ICT veteran Russell Yardley to its board after the retirement of former Victorian MP Theo Theophanous.
Telstra is pursuing collaborative projects with a number of research institutes through which it aims to create solutions for network, security, and privacy.
Small and medium-sized business is the big winner in the 2014 Federal Budget delivered by the treasurer, Joe Hockey.
NICTA's Dr Rami Mukhtar says much of the problem with Big Data analytics is to do with human input, not only are we bending output to suit our agenda - we may not be even asking the right questions in the first place.
Networking vendor, Cisco, has shown its support to Females in IT and Telecommunications (FITT) by becoming a Gold Corporate Partner on the not-for-profit network’s 25th anniversary.
A program aimed at attracting young talent towards the ICT industry will be rolled out on a national scale following the appointment of Karsten Schulz as national manager.
Features about nicta
NICTA CEO, David Skellern, who has been in his post since 2007 and has 20 years in the ICT sector, was one of several keynote speakers discussing strategies for Australia’s National Broadband Network (NBN) at the recent CeBIT show. He sat down with ARN to discuss the viability of the largest ICT infrastructure project in Australia’s history, as well as Internet filtering and why our industry needs more unity. Skellern will be retiring next year to head over to the UK.
The Digital Economy Strategy, recently announced at ceBIT Australia 2011, has been warmly received by the industry. But analysts are less certain of the strategy.
- Vodafone upbeat on turnaround despite more customer losses
- Five takeaways from the Apple earnings call
- More mobile gadgets than people? Seven countries - including Australia - now qualify
- Apple "inadvertently admitted" to iOS backdoor: forensics expert
- Solidifying Microsoft Azure Security for SharePoint and SQL in the Cloud
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution
- Pinterest peaks, Facebook falters in customer satisfaction survey of social sites
- NAB shares the key ingredients to digital strategy success
- Adobe details how it's transforming into a digital-first marketing organisation
- Vodafone relying on high-value subscribers amid 137,000 customer loss
- Brocade kitting the Australian Genome Research Facility for Big Data
- Anchor goes Openstack to boost retail website performance
- Adobe: Class division emerging in website design
- More News
- 23 Jul
- Dell Connected Security: Listen to what the experts have to say about security
- 24 Jul
- The Rise of the Challenger Marketer
- 24 Jul
- Veeam’s Crazy 8 Roadshow
- 24 Jul
- Executive Sales Breakfast Briefing
- View all events