NetIQ in pictures
News about NetIQ
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
At first there was a period of uncertainty surrounding the Attachmate Group’s acquisition of Novell last year, but Attachmate Group chairman and CEO, Jeff Hawn, says it worked out in the end.
Attachmate, Novell, NetIQ and SUSE opened their new Asia-Pacific headquarters in Melbourne, bringing together 60 staff from all four business units onto one site.
If you ask IT execs why they're hesitant about moving to the public cloud, security comes up at the top of the list. But security vendors are responding to these concerns with a raft of new products. Here are four interesting cloud security tools that we tested.
The Australian channel partners of infrastructure software vendor, Novell, have had their achievements recognised at an exclusive dinner held at Wildfire restaurant the overseas passenger terminal in Sydney.
As part of its new executive line-up, Software vendor, Attachmate, has promoted Boris Ivancic as vice-president and general manager of Asia-Pacific.
The Attachmate Group this week finalized its $2.2 billion buyout of network industry pioneer Novell, which begins the next phase of its evolution. Attachmate will operate Novell as two separate business units, one focused on the Novell brand and the other on the SUSE Linux brand. In addition, the privately held Attachmate Group has business units focused on the Attachmate and NetIQ brands. IDG Enterprise's Chief Content Officer John Gallant spoke with Attachmate Chairman and CEO Jeff Hawn shortly after the Novell deal was sealed to get his thoughts on what the acquisition means for Attachmate and its new and old customers.
The Attachmate Group announced Wednesday that it has completed its $2.2 billion acquisition of Novell, a networking pioneer in the 1980s that’s now being described as “a leader in intelligent workload management” by its new owner.
Having closed its $2.2 billion acquisition of Novell, Attachmate now is eyeing cloud service providers as potential customers for the company's newly acquired Suse Linux platform. The company also plans to continue promoting Suse for deployment on mainframes and as a Unix replacement.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
Cloud and Co-Location SolutionsMost Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.Latest Jobs
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes