netgear in pictures
News about netgear
Interviews about netgear
Several wireless routers made by Netgear contain a vulnerability that allows unauthenticated attackers to extract sensitive information from the devices, including their administrator passwords and wireless network keys.
Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are riddled with vulnerabilities that can put the security of sensitive data and networks at risk, a researcher has found. To prove his point, he has created a proof-of-concept worm that can infect devices from three different manufacturers.
The final leg of Synnex Australia's Alliance Roadshow was hosted at Rosehill Gardens in Sydney. The showcase features a wide array of vendors within the distributor's arsenal, and a wealth of reseller guests. ARN was also invited to host its own booth at the event.
AppliedMicro has announced a new family of 64-bit ARM chips that could disrupt the stodgy but sizeable market for components used in network routers, printers and other "embedded" equipment.
Routers appear to be as insecure as ever, after hackers successfully compromised five popular wireless models during a contest at the DefCon 22 security conference, reporting 15 new vulnerabilities to affected vendors.
Netgear has integrated StorageCraft's disaster recovery software into its new ReadyRECOVER backup appliance.
A security review of network-attached storage (NAS) devices from multiple manufacturers revealed that they typically have more vulnerabilities than home routers, a class of devices known for poor security and vulnerable code.
At the CE Week New York event today, Netgear announced its new Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router (model R8000), featuring 802.11ac wireless connectivity and using Broadcom's new 5G Wi-Fi Xstream platform. The $300 device is now available for pre-order online, with availability expected later this year.
Features about netgear
Distributor IPL Communications held a thought leadership event earlier this year specifically targeting 170 dealers that were a mix between telco and system integrators. This was underscored by the need to change. Julia Talevski sat down with IPL general manager, Paul Scanlan, and managing director, Stead Denton.
Now that blazing-fast routers based on the IEEE 802.11ac standard are finally entering the mainstream, intrepid engineers are busily cooking up all-new hardware that will make that gear's performance seem quaint by comparison.
The public Cloud has long been touted as a transformational technology for business, but has the industry itself bought into the hype?
Home is where the network is: That's the mantra of networking vendors at the Consumer Electronics Show 2011 in Las Vegas this week.
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mid-sized enterprises new to shared storage?
Network-attached storage (NAS), once only available (and affordable) for enterprises, is becoming more common for small business and even home use. And necessary - if you are looking for secure backups for your data, a single backup disk collecting data once or twice a day is no longer enough.
- Can funding open source bug bounties save Europe from mass-surveillance?
- Second HTTPS snooping flaw breaks security for thousands of iOS apps
- Police breaks up cybergang that stole over $15 million from banks
- How the Internet of Things is reshaping the future of security
- Aussie banks targeted by botnets: Report
- Immigration department looks to IBM's Watson for data analysis
- Microsoft posts second straight double-digit downturn in Windows OEM revenue
- Antique Apple-1 sells for $US236,000 on eBay
- OneTouch Idol 3 review: How good can a $250 smartphone be?
- How the 2015 Computerworld IT Salary Survey was conducted
- CenturyLink inks an agreement with NextDC
- HP unveils new networking solutions to support mobility
- Interactive Intelligence launches PureCloud services from AWS' Sydney datacentre
- Acer launches new SMB portal
- More News
- 28 Apr
- D-Link IP Surveillance Training and Certification
- 28 Apr
- ESET Launch: Perth
- 28 Apr
- Why are we still making corporate videos?
- 28 Apr
- Modern Customer Service Summit
- View all events