netapp in pictures
News about netapp
Interviews about netapp
Microsoft leads the way, but has plenty of company on jobs cut front
Microsoft’s plans for Australia are very much about translating its global emphasis on ‘Cloud-first, mobile-first’ into the local market.
Microsoft Azure just became the next cloud connection for NetApp Private Storage, which can already link enterprise storage to Amazon Web Services.
Cisco and NetApp say their FlexPod integrated IT infrastructure reference architecture has generated $US3 billion in joint sales since its launch in 2010. FlexPod unit shipments have grown 81 per cent year-over-year, with demand reaching a $US2 billion annualized run rate.
Former NetApp channel and alliances director for Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ), Todd Parsons, has been appointed to a similar role by unified communications (UC) vendor, Avaya.
Growing demand for flash continues to rock enterprise storage, with NetApp becoming the latest big vendor to shape a new product around the high-speed media.
Flash storage company, Nimble, has challenged hybrid flash vendors, EMC and Netapp, with the launch of its new Adaptive Flash Platform.
OpenStack has an impressive list of corporate backers. Red Hat, Rackspace, HP, IBM and AT&T are contributing thousands of lines of code to the open source project and helping deliver an updated version of the cloud computing platform twice a year to allow for easier installation and better manageability.
Features about netapp
Moving virtual servers around a hybrid cloud environment isn't hard, but managing the data is. That's why NetApp wants to be "the enterprise data-management standard across the enterprise," says CEO Tom Georgens. Network World Editor in Chief John Dix recently caught up with Georgens to get his take on what changes in the cloud computing world.
What was your first job?
Start-up Nimble Storage came out of the development stage this week with its first product -- an array that combines solid state drives (SSD) with high-capacity, cost and performance serial ATA (SATA) hard drives, acts as primary and backup storage and replicates offsite for disaster recovery.
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- How to prevent a website compromise like StubHub
- Nigerian 419 scammers diversifying into Trojan malware, finds Palo Alto
- Internet Explorer vulnerabilities surge to record levels in 2014, NVD figures reveal
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added dis...
- More News
- 29 Jul
- SplunkLive!; Canberra
- 05 Aug
- Systems Technology Day - Build Your Own Private Cloud
- 06 Aug
- Oracle Employee Experience Journey Mapping Workshops
- 20 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Melbourne
- View all events