Jim Hassell will leave NBN to join Broadcast Australia as new group Chief Executive Officer.
NBN Co should allow small ISPs to band together for direct access of the NBN, according to small regional ISP.
Legislation demands a 10-year business case and cost-benefit analysis to be published for the NBN project.
Tassie NBN JV: Conroy to meet with Bartlett
Turnbull argued if the Government is serious about ending Telstra’s dominance, then structural or functional separation is enough.
NBNCo has selected telecommuncations vendor, Alcatel-Lucent, as the initial strategic supplier for the Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) and Ethernet aggregation equipment for the National Broadband Network (NBN).
The Government is facing an uphill battle over its plans to separate Telstra, with the Coalition ruling out support for the bill in the Senate.
NBN Co has announced that it has selected Sydney and Melbourne offices, the latter within shouting distance of key government regulators, the ACMA and ACCC.
Senator Scott Ludlam represents the Australian Greens on Communications and technology issues. He spoke with ARN about his potential support for a changed ISP filter and the need to use locals and not increased numbers of migrants to fix the looming IT worker shortage.
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- YubiKeys by Yubico provide two-factor authentication by USB
- Syrian Electronic Army hits numerous media sites with DNS redirection attack
- 5 ways PCI is becoming more security-conscious next year
- Weather.com fixes web application vulnerabilities
- How AMEX is using data and creative to tap into customer contexts
- Mobile Mentor and iProximity join forces on beacon technology
- 5 lessons in brand culture from Gelato Messina
- New board builds AANA's brand marketing expertise
- 10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential