NASA in pictures
News about NASA
Features about NASA
House Republican leaders are shooting to get astronauts on the moon and Mars, but they're trying to nix the president's asteroid plans.
NASA's Cassini spacecraft, now flying near Saturn, is turning its cameras back toward Earth today so it can grab a photo of its home planet from almost 900 million miles away
NASA wants to find asteroids that could threaten Earth and figure out what to do about them. They want your help doing it.
After a year and a half of culling through 6,100 applicants, NASA has chosen four men and four women to train to become astronauts and potentially travel to an asteroid or even Mars.
NASA scientists have seen evidence that there's been sledding on Mars.
After nearly 10 years since it left Earth, NASA's rover Opportunity is about to head out on a new mission -- a weeks-long trek to study a new area on Mars.
NASA's Mars rover Curiosity is about to head out on a long, arduous trek and scientists expect their best scientific discoveries are to come.
NASA's Mars rover Curiosity is approaching its biggest turning point since landing on the Red Planet last August.
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
Being a visionary within a corporation lead to playing with a lot of consumer toys, and that's exactly the point. Play, have fun and discover what does or doesn't work in your company.
According to Piston Cloud Computing's CTO, the rate at which his customer's pilot projects turn into production private clouds is pretty typical of most OpenStack-based providers – and it's pretty low.
OpenStack -- co-founded by Rackspace and NASA in 2010 -- certainly has the buzz, what with partnerships with AT&T, HP and IBM, to name a few, all of which have promised to use OpenStack as the base for their private cloud offerings.
The Planck space mission has given scientists new information about the age, content and origin of the universe.
IBM's decision this week to base its cloud services on OpenStack may help establish this open source platform as the standard in enterprises.
The first half of 2012 was pretty bad - from the embarrassing hack of a conversation between the FBI and Scotland Yard to a plethora of data breaches - and the second half wasn't much better, with events including Symantec's antivirus update mess and periodic attacks from hactivists at Anonymous.
Working with startup vendors requires a lot of legwork and a plan for managing the risk. But the payoff can be great.
NASA this month greatly expanded its public prize competition program known as the Centennial Challenges.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
Both a challenge and solution are presented here for deploying equipment offsite in co-location sites or the cloud.Most Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.Latest Jobs
- FTSEO Account ManagerVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTSEO Account ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager (Events/Exhibitions)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTAcquisition Online Marketing Manager $140k plus super and bonus.NSW
- FTBusiness Development ExecutivesNSW
- Overconfident execs failing security’s latent big data challenge: McAfee
- French privacy authority gives Google 3 months to change its ways
- Malware numbers just keep growing
- Public cloud benefits outweigh security and data sovereignty risks, says head of Parliament IT
- Google Glass panic triggers rise in facial-recognition blockers
- Aussie organisations rate social collaboration platforms as top IT investment: Report
- Financial services firm figures out how to do social safely
- Social media adds spice to financial services, say banks
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment