mobility in pictures
News about mobility
Interviews about mobility
ARN recently hosted its Internet of Things (IoT) - unlocking the future roundtable at Cafe Del Mar in Sydney. Sponsored by Symantec, DNA Connect, Splunk and Zebra Technologies, the discussions revolved around how the buzzword is changing the business landscape, the overall issues and challenges of it, as well as the channel opportunities for partners and service providers. Photos by ARN IAN SHARP.
Businesses need to adopt new models of IT, especially as liquid business environments are becoming more popular, according to VMware CEO, Pat Gelsinger.
A look ahead to this week's Big Google Thing in San Francisco on May 28 and 29.
The Australian government ICT spend is set to grow to a 1.7 per cent five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in 2017, according to analyst firm, IDC.
ICT company, Huawei Technologies, has introduced its guiding principle for the enterprise market to build Business-driven ICT Infrastructure (BDII).
These are great! But be patient, 'cause they need a bit more time to be fully baked.
In the lead-up to its Huawei Network Congress in Beijing, May 20-21, the company took its partners to Shenzhen, where its headquarters is based, to show off some of the latest technologies it houses. Partners were shown some of the real-life use cases of Huawei's solutions and the attendees even managed to get hands-on with some of these products. Here are some photos from the showcase.
There is a significant gap between what today’s connected customers have come to expect from customer service and what contact centres are actually delivering, according to a new joint study.
Features about mobility
Public sector organisations set to deliver new transformative capabilities in all fields of strategic and operational undertakings.
Spark is not just about a name change to a 27-year old company that has become synonymous with connectivity in NZ, or the slightly confouding primetime TV ads that have been airing since Friday last week. According to Tim Miles, CEO of Spark Digital (formerly Gen-I), the brand change is reflective of deep internal changes that the firm has invested in to take its customers on a digital journey, and to ensure that it is ready for future challenges.
Lenovo is gearing up for a consumer push in the A/NZ region. In an interview with Reseller News, Matt Codrington, MD of Lenovo A/NZ describes the shape that drive will take, the products the region might soon see in retail stores and the changes the company foresees in an increasingly commoditised hardware market.
Mobile solutions service provider, Motorola Solutions, has recently finished one year of its Innovation Centre in Melbourne. ARN spoke with Motorola Solutions Australia, general manager, Neale Joseph, about its progress.
"Asia Pacific and Latin America were clear standouts, as strong revenues were complemented by solid increases in profitability."
Is Microsoft’s move the final nail in the coffin of competitors gaining any great value from MDM?
“Through a mobile strategy, providers are further helping to drive efficiency in the manufacturing supply chain while at the same time better positioning themselves as value adding players."
"The prevalence of poor password policies is mind boggling..."
“In 2015, solutions providers must exceed the expectations of business decision makers."
“If your business is not doing so well I’m afraid that’s down to leadership because they are so many opportunities for you to go after.”
The engineering reorganization currently underway at Cisco is intended to streamline product development and delivery to customers, Cisco says.
Katrina Parrott never anticipated that her daughter's incessant texting would lead to a new career in app development.
- Tor connections to hidden services could be easy to de-anonymize
- How Google took a page from Apple to secure Android Pay
- Elon Musk insider Branden Spikes launches new security firm in UK
- Majority of websites have serious, unfixed vulnerabilities
- AMD may build ExactTrak data-zapping into its chips, to compete with Intel vPro
- Aon CMO: Employee, executive cultural shift needed for content marketing success
- Shazam launches visual recognition content offering for brands
- Vivid Sydney, Kathmandu and Crown take up Instagram carousel ads
- IBM creates industry-specific predictive analytics as Salesforce unveils big data Wave
- Why GoDaddy needs a CMO and a chief customer officer
- Exclusive Group secures new investment to support continued growth strategy
- Avaya awards its top Asia-Pacific channel partners
- A/NZ Shoppers deserting retailers due to online performance issues: Rackspace
- Fujitsu World Tour 2015: A focus on the healthy human side of IoT (+8 photos)
- More News
- 04 Jun
- Websense Data Theft Prevention Breakfast - Melbourne
- 04 Jun
- IM Experience, Sydney
- 09 Jun
- Ascom Nurse Call product launch
- 10 Jun
- D-Link IP Surveillance Training and Certification
- View all events