lte in pictures
News about lte
Features about lte
T-Mobile CEO John Legere will cozy up to Yahoo Tech's David Pogue during what the carrier is calling its Un-carrier 8.0 event on Tuesday -- a mystery webcast that promises to include some news and knowing Legere, probably some colorful language.
The capabilities of Telstra’s LTE Advanced Network for Emergency Services (LANES) will be extended through the addition of Motorola Solutions’ dynamic prioritisation, smart public safety applications, interoperability solutions, and public safety-optimised devices.
Optus has commercially launched LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide using two 20MHz allotments of its 2300MHz spectrum.
Complaints to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) have dropped by 29 per cent to a six-year low, according to the Communications Alliance.
Vodafone pulled the plug on its bid for a chunk of the 700MHz spectrum in 2012, and is now re-allocating its existing 850MHz spectrum to compete with Telstra and Optus, both of which launched their respective 700MHz networks to limited locations earlier this month.
The central business districts (CBDs) of Darwin and Perth have gained a head start in commercial access to Optus’ 700MHz-based 4G, with the telecommunications provider having switched on the network today.
Mobile devices are shifting the logistics of business operations, and as a result the mobile generation is driving the growth of Wi-Fi networks.
Optus has expanded its My Plan mobile repertoire with the introduction of mobile data sharing, new SIM-only plans, and revised bonus data fees.
Intel has been on a buying binge lately. Just two weeks ago the world's largest chip maker agreed to acquire security vendor McAfee for $7.68 billion, and today it announced plans to buy Infineon Technologies' Wireless Solutions (WLS) division for $1.4 billion.
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities
- Verizon to allow opt-out from mobile 'supercookies'
- Brief: Tesla boosts 0-60 acceleration with over-the-air software upgrade
- AT&T will pay $18.2B as top bidder in mobile spectrum auction
- BMW cars found vulnerable in Connected Drive hack
- More News
- 23 Feb
- Live Streaming Technology
- 05 May
- CeBIT Australia 2015
- 27 May
- World Business Forum Sydney
- View all events