lte in pictures
News about lte
Features about lte
Telecommunications provider, Vodafone, has switched on its 4G network in Canberra, more than eight months after its initial Australian launch in July last year.
Forty-six per cent of Australian mobile subscribers have switched services providers in the past three years, primarily driven by customer dissatisfaction and the competitiveness mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs), according to Telsyte.
Telecommunications provider Vodafone switched on its 4G network in June, and eight months in, it has crossed the million device mark.
Telecommunications giant, Optus, has wrapped up its five-year 3G network upgrade program, having moved 4400 mobile sites across Australia to the 900MHz spectrum.
Telecommunications provider, Vodafone, has launched two new mobile broadband devices which will be compatible with its20MHz 4G network in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
Communications vendor, Huawei, has reported that unaudited 2013 revenue will reach between $US39.29 billion and $US29.62bn (¥238bn to ¥240bn based on a December 31 exchange rate of $US1 to ¥6.0569), reflecting an increase of 11.6 per cent year-over-year (YoY).
In a flurry of budget also-ran device releases from Lenovo, the just-unveiled Vibe Z stands out. Not only is it the company's first LTE-compatible phone, it also boasts some quality mobile innards to boot.
Research firm, Analysys Mason, claims LTE in 2014 “will make the spectrum-rich richer, and the spectrum-poor just a little better off” as more operators will deploy LTE-A carrier aggregation (CA) which benefits those with multiple spectrum positions; in particular, operators with small pieces and those which are combining acquired networks.
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
Intel has been on a buying binge lately. Just two weeks ago the world's largest chip maker agreed to acquire security vendor McAfee for $7.68 billion, and today it announced plans to buy Infineon Technologies' Wireless Solutions (WLS) division for $1.4 billion.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
The IT Service Providers Bench marking Study was conducted in February 2013 by Decision Tree Labs and commissioned by Autotask. The study results indicate a strong shift toward utilizing business metrics to ensure long-term business health and growth. The charts that follow are intended to serve as benchmarks for IT service providers worldwide.Most Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.Most Popular Resource Papers
- Data privacy must unify IT engineering, legal and policy objectives, CPO warns
- OAIC fetes Telstra privacy failure
- IE zero-day flaw shows kinks in Microsoft patching
- The week in security: Apple details iOS security as Bitcoin hacked again, XP next
- Adobe patches two important vulnerabilities in Flash Player
- 8 attributes of the successful CMO
- Foxtel employs wearable technology to give AFL fans a more sensory experience
- Social Media Getting More Spontaneous and Less Personal
- Businesses adopt a digital strategy but most are skeptical of success
- Telstra breached privacy of over 15k customers: Privacy Commissioner
- Steve Martin joins NextDC
- Court forces Telstra to arbitrate in access row
- Victorian government gifts Melbourne free public Wi-Fi
- IT graduate numbers fall 50 per cent in past decade: ABS
- More News
- 13 Mar
- JuiceIT 2014
- 18 Mar
- Webinar: Your key to unlocking sustainable profits
- 19 Mar
- WEBINAR: Cloud Computing 2014 - Why it can be a real competitive advantage for s...
- 20 Mar
- Navigating Analytics
- View all events