lte in pictures
News about lte
Features about lte
Vodafone pulled the plug on its bid for a chunk of the 700MHz spectrum in 2012, and is now re-allocating its existing 850MHz spectrum to compete with Telstra and Optus, both of which launched their respective 700MHz networks to limited locations earlier this month.
The central business districts (CBDs) of Darwin and Perth have gained a head start in commercial access to Optus’ 700MHz-based 4G, with the telecommunications provider having switched on the network today.
Mobile devices are shifting the logistics of business operations, and as a result the mobile generation is driving the growth of Wi-Fi networks.
Optus has expanded its My Plan mobile repertoire with the introduction of mobile data sharing, new SIM-only plans, and revised bonus data fees.
Telstra is pursuing collaborative projects with a number of research institutes through which it aims to create solutions for network, security, and privacy.
Telstra’s mobile business was responsible for nearly half the telecommunications provider’s $604 million revenue increase in the first half of fiscal 2014.
Australian telecommunications giant, Telstra, has hit network speeds of 450 megabits per second (Mbps) by coupling the 1800MHz and 2600MHz bands on LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation.
Optus ended its 2014 financial year on March 31 up $A835 million in net profit, an increase of 14.6 per cent on the previous corresponding period.
Intel has been on a buying binge lately. Just two weeks ago the world's largest chip maker agreed to acquire security vendor McAfee for $7.68 billion, and today it announced plans to buy Infineon Technologies' Wireless Solutions (WLS) division for $1.4 billion.
- Adopting mobile marketing for the masses
- Report: Consumers worry more about privacy even as they share personal info online
- Anytime Fitness looks to bring on first CMO
- Don't drop leadership intuition for data analytics, says Accenture researcher
- Optus claims world-first with Facebook trending campaign launching pre-paid offer
- ACCAN unveils Digital Business Kit for SMBs
- Data loss detection tool mines the ephemeral world of 'pastes'
- SME woes: work-life balance, fuel costs, competition, spending
- Integrated Research director retires
- More News
- 16 Sep
- ChannelAdvisor Insite - Sydney 2014
- 16 Sep
- Ingram Micro SMB Favourites Roadshow
- 16 Sep
- National Data Centre Roadshow - Sydney
- 17 Sep
- SAP HR Connect
- View all events