Sales of so-called "smart watches" will surge from 1 million to 36 million in five years, according to a speculative new report from Juniper Research. But whether that defines "success" remains an open question.
The number of smartphone shipments, exceeded 200 million globally in Q4 2012, with the annual total reaching 671 million, representing a growth of almost 42 per cent year-on-year, according to mobile analyst firm, Juniper Research.
The number of mobile banking users will grow to over one billion by the end of 2017, compared to a predicted 590 million this year according to research firm, Juniper Research.
There will be over one billion users of over-the-top (OTT) mobile voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services by 2017, reflecting a major transition in the progression of voice traffic, according to a new report by analyst firm, Juniper Research.
Analyst firm, Juniper Research, has released a free report that details its predictions for the wireless market for 2013.
Microsoft is looking to patent glasses that deliver augmented reality in users' views of the world.
Thanks to Apple's App Store, Google's Android Market and a number of smaller online stores, the explosive growth of mobile application downloads continues.
Sign up now »
As discussed in Part 1 of this series (Enterprise SSHD Basics, TP649), a solid state hybrid drive (SSHD) for enterprise applications presents a favorable value proposition in the current storage market. By adding a solid state (or NAND flash) component to the core architecture of a traditional hard disk drive (HDD), SSHDs present unique opportunities for enterprise environments to achieve improved performance—without sacrificing storage capacity. Furthermore, the operation of these drives delivers performance levels above those of traditional HDDs, with continued overall endurance.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Marketers excited about Gmail image display changes
- EFF criticizes Google for removing 'vital privacy feature' with Android 4.4.2
- Cloud-based user authentication hotting up as SafeNet asserts lead: Gartner
- House bill favors private-government cooperation over regulation
- Email, SMS, phone tapping up 16 per cent in 2012-13: Attorney-General report
- How to Sell on Facebook: Promote, Personalize and Engage
- Marketo acquires Insightera's real-time marketing personalisation suite
- TV second screening and politics lead Australian Twitter chat
- Why CMOs can't ignore social media governance
- Jacob's Creek taps into Facebook data for personalised customer greetings