ios in pictures
News about ios
Interviews about ios
Owners of iPhones and iPads running iOS 8 have reported a new bug in the software that deletes iWork documents from iCloud Drive when they've reset their devices.
Apple has issued the iOS 8.0.2 update, which follows quickly on the heels of the flawed-and-quickly-pulled 8.0.1 update that disabled Touch ID and cellular capabilities on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. This latest update not only addresses these issues but reinstates the improvements and fixes initially found in iOS 8.0.1. They include:
iPhone owners are angry. Really really angry.
Apple has recommended to users of its new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus smartphones to reinstall iOS 8 after an update Wednesday led to complaints of lost cellular service and functionality on the Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor.
Within hours of releasing an iOS 8 update to address assorted bugs in the new iPhone and iPad operating system Apple has been forced to pull the patch, which itself was causing iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users grief.
In its first days of availability, iOS 8, Apple's newest mobile operating system, has exhibited an app crash rate significantly higher than iOS 7 did a year ago, an app performance management developer said yesterday.
The Bank of Melbourne has claimed a first by adding support for biometric technology within its mobile banking application.
iPhone and iPad users still flock to download the latest version of iOS as it becomes available, but perhaps not as quickly as before.
Features about ios
ARN caught up with Symantec Pacific region vice-president and managing director, Craig Scroggie, during Symantec Partner Engage 2011 to talk about the security vendor’s channel strategy, partners specialising and the current security landscape.
Apple revealed iOS 8 will come with several improvements at its iPhone 6 launch event on 9 September. Revisions include a new health application, a multimedia savvy messaging application, an improved keyboard and added functionality to its ‘Photos’ gallery application.
Phablets are all the buzz with the impending release of Apple's iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung's Galaxy Note 4. Earlier in August rival LG entered the space with its best smartphone yet, the G3. Comparison showdowns have never been this tight.
Faster innovation, better security, new markets -- the case for opening Swift might be more compelling than Apple will admit
You may think you're a high-tech power user who knows all the nooks and crannies of Windows, iOS, and Android, but let's be realistic: There could be at least a few undocumented (or poorly documented) commands, control panels, and apps that have slipped by you--maybe more than a few.
Apple announced it sold 13.3 million iPads in the second quarter, a year-over-year drop of 9%, the second straight quarter of declining numbers, and blamed a slowdown in developed markets.
The Apple-IBM partnership will have little effect on Microsoft's dominance in the enterprise, or drastically change its mutating mobile strategy.
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
An Australian company has made a big deal this week of taking umbridge over Apple's use of the name HealthKit. That's because the company is named HealthKit.
- Google bows to pressure, removes news snippets from German search results
- OpenVPN servers can be vulnerable to Shellshock Bash vulnerability
- Satellite radar measurements map the seafloor
- Apple delivers OS X Yosemite 'golden master' to devs
- iPhone 6 deep-dive review: A major new step in design and performance
- Marketo launches digital marketing research institute; agency partner program
- How CMOs can make big data relevant to the sales team
- CPA Australia outlines 7-step personalisation strategy for digital engagement
- Digital agencies — brand custodians?
- Australian social ad spend to hit $706.3m in five years: Forrester
- Fujitsu opens new Oceania headquarters in Sydney
- NEC awarded $69.8m SA Government contract
- Imperva partners with Cloudera on Big Data security
- Invigor lands NSW EPA project
- More News
- 07 Oct
- DC Infrastructure Solutions Professional
- 08 Oct
- DCIM Certified Solutions Professional
- 08 Oct
- ASUS Business Solutions Roadshow
- 15 Oct
- Dell User Forum
- View all events