intel in pictures
News about intel
Interviews about intel
Intel has teamed with Indian education startup Metis Learning on an Android tablet that aims to keep children away from violent TV content and games on their parents' smartphones.
Laptop and desktop buying decisions may get confusing in 2015 as Intel introduces PC chips based on two different architectures -- Broadwell and Skylake -- in the same year, something the chip maker rarely does.
The Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grab headlines--as well as the attention of IT vendors looking to tap into the growing market for IoT-related products and services.
Developers will play a fundamental role in the adoption of the internet of things, but must be aware of the security and privacy risks as billions of devices become connected, said Intel's internet of things (IoT) chief, Doug Davis.
Intel's executive leadership stepped it up at last week's Intel Developer Forum. I used to do speaker reviews for Intel. After Andrew Grove left, though, poorly prepped speakers, sloppy presentations and missed opportunities defined IDF, with folks changing their presentations right up until they went on stage. Intel found my speaker reviews too critical, so I wasn't asked to continue.
The enterprise datacentre will be transformed by technologies such as silicon photonics, rack scale architecture and software defined systems in the near future, claims Intel, saying these technologies will help businesses meet demand for digital services.
Microsoft is expanding a program to put Windows in smart devices, robots and Internet-connected appliances, following overwhelming response for developer hardware.
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre has completed the final upgrade of its Magnus supercomputer, making it the most advanced scientific supercomputer in the southern hemisphere.
Features about intel
Cody Wilson, founder of Defense Distributed, contests claims his 3D printed gun isn't safe and will try to continue to make 3D gun plans available.
William Hanna, vice president of technical services at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), went out looking for a way to add capacity to a backup network and found what he wanted in Software Defined Networking (SDN) tools from Alcatel-Lucent. Network World Editor in Chief John Dix sat down with Hanna to learn about the process and experience.
After calculators, PCs and mobile phones, Intel is now jumping into wearable devices with an extremely low-power chip called Quark, which was big news at the company's annual Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco. Leading the charge into the new market is Intel's new leadership team consisting of CEO Brian Krzanich and President Renee James, who also articulated on plans to achieve fast growth in the mobile market while trying to reinvigorate PC sales.
Pat Gelsinger made headlines in September 2009 when he left Intel to join EMC as president and COO of information infrastructure products, a group that includes the company's information storage and information security businesses. Now, Gelsinger -- who was Intel's first chief technology officer and led both the desktop products group and the digital enterprise group during his career at the chip maker -- is making waves again.
Intel’s Phil Cronin is a passionate believer in technology’s influence on society as connectivity pervades all corners of the globe. He speaks to NADIA CAMERON about his industry heritage and experiences, channel evolution and why ICT is so important.
Craig Barrett spent decades using his business skills to make Intel the world's most powerful semiconductor company. He has now turned his attention to an even bigger challenge -- spreading computers and education throughout the developing world.
The Internet of Things is still too hard. Even some of its biggest backers say so.
Google recently announced a new networking protocol called Thread that aims to create a standard for communication between connected household devices.
Brian A. Haugabrook, interim CIO at Valdosta State University in Georgia, deployed analytics tools that enable faculty and staff to identify students who need extra help. The effort paid off with higher graduation rates.
All laptops run on batteries and all batteries eventually run out -- especially when you use your device throughout the day. Here are some tips to help keep it going.
Some Excel tips and tricks for manipulating dates, and for getting data into the format you need, are also ready for your R pleasure.
The next generation of USB cables, the Type-C, will offer faster data streams, an increased ability to power devices, and better ease of use.
Thanks to the advent of Big Data, new algorithms and massive, affordable computing power, artificial intelligence is now, finally, on a roll again.
Intel's US$740 million investment in software company Cloudera will help sell more x86 chips in Hadoop installations, but it could also be a defensive move to maintain its server lead from the emerging threat posed by 64-bit ARM servers.
- Encryption goof fixed in TorrentLocker file-locking malware
- US military unaware of Chinese attacks against transport contractors
- PGP creator, other top cryptographers head 2014 National Cyber Security Hall of Fame class
- Startup backs services with elasticity of AWS, Azure clouds to outlast DDoS attacks
- Geeks' favorite DeNA interactive streaming platform looks beyond Japan
- Local govt association boosts customer focus, knowledge management
- Amazon's new Fire tablets have more features at lower prices
- IPv6, IANA transition headline APNIC meeting
- CIO, CMO and Computerworld Data Analytics Survey – Terms and Conditions
- AMI gets members' choice board of directors
- Coca-Cola strategy VP: Creativity at the heart of real-time digital interaction
- Former ninemsn exec appointed CEO at bar tab app startup, Clipp
- Aussie consulting group plans to help brands solve customer experience woes
- CoinJar’s bitcoin EFTPOS card to hit the market next week
- Queensland Government appoints Interactive Intelligence to ICT Service Panel
- More than 200 Aussie Apple fanatics hire minions to stand in line for iPhone 6
- Former Microsoft exec named CEO of Australian bar tab start-up
- More News
- 18 Sep
- National Data Centre Roadshow - Canberra
- 18 Sep
- How the shift to subscription-based licensing is introducing new risks that ever...
- 29 Sep
- Vendor and Supplier Management Workshop
- 30 Oct
- Ovum 2020 Telecoms Summit
- View all events