IT management software vendor, SolarWinds, is about to introduce its latest Synthetic End User Monitor (SEUM) which supports Real User Monitors (RUM) to monitor networks. The company also most recently opened up a new head office, based in Brisbane. SolarWinds senior vice-president and general manager of the Asia-Pacific, Doug Hibberd, spoke to ARN about the company’s achievements, latest product release and future plans.
Ingram Micro has made many changes in the past year. It has restructured its business to focus on two streams of business - the Enterprise Technology Group (ETG) and Volume Business Unit (Volume BU).
Ingram Micro’s $6 million investment in a datacentre has been a big success, so much so that the distributor picked up this year’s award for Best Distributor Initiative for the development.
Ingram Micro is the largest and most prominent distributor within the Australian landscape. According to the ARN Distributor Guide, it boasts more than 700 staff, and although it is headquartered in Sydney, it is comfortable dealing with resellers across the country.
Ingram Micro was caught in a whirlwind of economic forces this year, and its newly installed Australian vice-president and general manager, Jay Miley, found himself quickly anchored in the middle of it.
Ingram Micro’s dominant position in the Australian channel landscape is undeniable. But the question of whether a distributor is providing true value to its resellers is just as relevant to a broad-based player like Ingram as a specialist one.
- Prevention is better than cure, but what if it's not enough?
- Users smallest source of concern despite causing most security breaches: CompTIA
- Security Watch: SecurEnvoy partners with Connector Systems in new distro deal
- Verizon subscribers can now opt out of 'supercookies'
- Police investigations threatened as metadata retention feeds telephony diaspora
- Target: Emotional social vital to customer experience management
- CMO Interview: What it takes to be a smart marketing chief
- How NPS has helped NIB keep customers
- Report reveals obstacle to better customer service is organisational, not technical
- Stackla and Hootsuite partner to launch new social media integration