IT management software vendor, SolarWinds, is about to introduce its latest Synthetic End User Monitor (SEUM) which supports Real User Monitors (RUM) to monitor networks. The company also most recently opened up a new head office, based in Brisbane. SolarWinds senior vice-president and general manager of the Asia-Pacific, Doug Hibberd, spoke to ARN about the company’s achievements, latest product release and future plans.
Ingram Micro has made many changes in the past year. It has restructured its business to focus on two streams of business - the Enterprise Technology Group (ETG) and Volume Business Unit (Volume BU).
Ingram Micro’s $6 million investment in a datacentre has been a big success, so much so that the distributor picked up this year’s award for Best Distributor Initiative for the development.
Ingram Micro is the largest and most prominent distributor within the Australian landscape. According to the ARN Distributor Guide, it boasts more than 700 staff, and although it is headquartered in Sydney, it is comfortable dealing with resellers across the country.
Ingram Micro was caught in a whirlwind of economic forces this year, and its newly installed Australian vice-president and general manager, Jay Miley, found himself quickly anchored in the middle of it.
Ingram Micro’s dominant position in the Australian channel landscape is undeniable. But the question of whether a distributor is providing true value to its resellers is just as relevant to a broad-based player like Ingram as a specialist one.
Sign up now »
A data security breach is every organisation’s worst nightmare. It impacts the relationship with your employees, erodes the trust with your customers and threatens your organisation’s reputation
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
- AusCERT 2013: What's it like to be a 'Nigerian scam' victim?
- AusCERT 2013: Ashley Deuble: Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes