Ingram Micro in pictures
News about Ingram Micro
Interviews about Ingram Micro
SoftLayer has fuelled hybrid Cloud adoption by attracting thousands of new customers according to parent company IBM.
Former Express Online chief executive, Danny Moore, has predicted there will be a few more “bumps and bruises” ahead for the integration of Express Data and Dicker Data following his resignation.
Intel has appointed Chee-Mei Gan to oversee its supplier relations as national distribution manager for Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ).
Ingram Micro has a new look. The new global brand is in the company's terms "a bold, modern look and feel, signaling the company’s leadership in technology and supply chain services".
Juniper Networks has appointed former Ingram Micro veteran Justin Scopaz as the new global head of partner distribution.
Dimension Data has come away from McAfee’s 2013 Channel Partners Awards as both the security vendor’s Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) ‘Overall Partner of the Year’. McAfee, part of Intel Security, hosted the gala event as part of its partner conference in Bali, Indonesia, from May 28 to 30. The winners of the 25 categories were selected based on performance, results, and partnerships which demonstrated growth. Other A/NZ winners included Manage Protect (SMB Partner of the Year), Loop Technology (Commercial Partner of the year), Content Security (Growth Partner of the Year), and Ingram Micro (Distributor of the Year).
Microsoft has confirmed that it will not change its Surface commercial sales model ahead of the launch of its Surface Pro 3 tablet in August.
Ingram Micro has become an Adobe non-exclusive distribution partner in Australia to help drive the uptake of the company’s Value Incentive Program.
Features about Ingram Micro
IT management software vendor, SolarWinds, is about to introduce its latest Synthetic End User Monitor (SEUM) which supports Real User Monitors (RUM) to monitor networks. The company also most recently opened up a new head office, based in Brisbane. SolarWinds senior vice-president and general manager of the Asia-Pacific, Doug Hibberd, spoke to ARN about the company’s achievements, latest product release and future plans.
Ingram Micro has made many changes in the past year. It has restructured its business to focus on two streams of business - the Enterprise Technology Group (ETG) and Volume Business Unit (Volume BU).
Ingram Micro’s $6 million investment in a datacentre has been a big success, so much so that the distributor picked up this year’s award for Best Distributor Initiative for the development.
Ingram Micro is the largest and most prominent distributor within the Australian landscape. According to the ARN Distributor Guide, it boasts more than 700 staff, and although it is headquartered in Sydney, it is comfortable dealing with resellers across the country.
Ingram Micro was caught in a whirlwind of economic forces this year, and its newly installed Australian vice-president and general manager, Jay Miley, found himself quickly anchored in the middle of it.
Ingram Micro’s dominant position in the Australian channel landscape is undeniable. But the question of whether a distributor is providing true value to its resellers is just as relevant to a broad-based player like Ingram as a specialist one.
Ingram Micro Australia vice-president and managing director, Guy Freeland, will exit the distributor at the end of the year. His replacement is Ingram Micro’s New Zealand managing director, Jay Miley.
About 870 resellers walked the floor at Ingram Micro's ExpoTech show in Brisbane this week
- SQL injection flaw in Wall Street Journal database led to breach
- Zero-day flaws in Tails aren't for sale, vulnerability broker says
- Nigerian scammers move from gullible consumers to businesses
- Google details Knox-inspired enterprise ‘managed profiles’ for Android L
- Apple "inadvertently admitted" to iOS backdoor: forensics expert
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution
- Pinterest peaks, Facebook falters in customer satisfaction survey of social sites
- Xiaomi's Mi4 brings a touch of Apple to the open world of Android
- Scott Leader new executive director A/NZ for Pegasystems
- Zendesk expands Melbourne operation
- Planet Tel acquires Via IP to move into wholesale aggregation
- More News
- 23 Jul
- Dell Connected Security: Listen to what the experts have to say about security
- 24 Jul
- The Rise of the Challenger Marketer
- 24 Jul
- Veeam’s Crazy 8 Roadshow
- 24 Jul
- Executive Sales Breakfast Briefing
- View all events