Ingram Micro in pictures
News about Ingram Micro
Interviews about Ingram Micro
Symantec, Microsoft and Ingram Micro are collaborating on a five city, national SMB roadshow.
Apple has triggered greater competition in the distribution of the iPad with the appointment of Synnex as its third supplier of the tablet in Australia.
More than 2,000 people and 28 partners converged on EMC Forum 2014 in what is becoming one of Australia's top IT infrastructure events.
ARN's latest roundtable, 'Distributors make their mark in the Cloud', hosted industry experts from all levels of the channel at Sydney's O Bar and Dining. With 360-degree views of the cityscape, attendees discussed the impact of Cloud computing on distribution, the roles of distributors in the Cloud, and the changing face of channel relations. Full feature coverage of the roundtable will be included in the September 3 edition of ARN. Photographs by Ian Sharp.
Leading distributor, Ingram Micro Australia, has signed a new agreement with emerging technology specialists, SeeChange Distribution, to distribute the range of multi-award winning products from US power manufacturer, Lenmar.
Achieva Technology wants to transform from a traditional IT components box mover to a value-added distributor (VAD), and is building its enterprise portfolio to do so.
SoftLayer has fuelled hybrid Cloud adoption by attracting thousands of new customers according to parent company IBM.
Former Express Online chief executive, Danny Moore, has predicted there will be a few more “bumps and bruises” ahead for the integration of Express Data and Dicker Data following his resignation.
Features about Ingram Micro
IT management software vendor, SolarWinds, is about to introduce its latest Synthetic End User Monitor (SEUM) which supports Real User Monitors (RUM) to monitor networks. The company also most recently opened up a new head office, based in Brisbane. SolarWinds senior vice-president and general manager of the Asia-Pacific, Doug Hibberd, spoke to ARN about the company’s achievements, latest product release and future plans.
Ingram Micro has made many changes in the past year. It has restructured its business to focus on two streams of business - the Enterprise Technology Group (ETG) and Volume Business Unit (Volume BU).
Ingram Micro’s $6 million investment in a datacentre has been a big success, so much so that the distributor picked up this year’s award for Best Distributor Initiative for the development.
Ingram Micro is the largest and most prominent distributor within the Australian landscape. According to the ARN Distributor Guide, it boasts more than 700 staff, and although it is headquartered in Sydney, it is comfortable dealing with resellers across the country.
Ingram Micro was caught in a whirlwind of economic forces this year, and its newly installed Australian vice-president and general manager, Jay Miley, found himself quickly anchored in the middle of it.
Ingram Micro’s dominant position in the Australian channel landscape is undeniable. But the question of whether a distributor is providing true value to its resellers is just as relevant to a broad-based player like Ingram as a specialist one.
Ingram Micro Australia vice-president and managing director, Guy Freeland, will exit the distributor at the end of the year. His replacement is Ingram Micro’s New Zealand managing director, Jay Miley.
About 870 resellers walked the floor at Ingram Micro's ExpoTech show in Brisbane this week
- The week in security: Apple security scrutinised as mobile, IoT threats loom
- Pressure on CSOs as executives, getting smarter on IT security, defer projects
- Shellshock attackers targeting NAS devices
- Shellshock attacks target QNAP's network storage, FireEye says
- IBM’s SoftLayer on the back foot in big Xen bug reboot
- Report: Marketers ramp up tech spend but experience still driving budget decisions
- Oracle integrates BlueKai with Marketing Cloud
- Marketo launches digital marketing research institute; agency partner program
- How CMOs can make big data relevant to the sales team
- CPA Australia outlines 7-step personalisation strategy for digital engagement
- Cisco and Netgear line up behind new Helix 64-bit ARM chips
- Atmail unifies its on-premises and Cloud-based experiences
- Trying Windows 10 Tech Preview? Keep these 7 things in mind
- Researchers hope to diagnose deadly Ebola virus with nanotech
- More News
- 07 Oct
- DC Infrastructure Solutions Professional
- 08 Oct
- DCIM Certified Solutions Professional
- 08 Oct
- ASUS Business Solutions Roadshow
- 15 Oct
- Dell User Forum
- View all events