Infor is hoping a new social collaboration tool, updated middleware and user interfaces, as well as options for cloud-based deployments, will help cement its place as one of the industry's largest ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendors after SAP and Oracle.
Infor is planning to offer customers a cloud-based data warehouse and analytics platform based on its own ION and Business Vault technology as well as Amazon's Redshift service.
Infor, the software industry's third-largest ERP (enterprise resource planning) application vendor after SAP and Oracle, has been building out its own underlying technology platform in a bid to gain more revenue as well as provide customers with easier integration and system management. The company maintains that strategy is clicking as its ION middleware has become the fastest-growing product in the vendor's history.
Infor is being sued by a Puerto Rican tax authority on grounds that its failure to maintain software used by the organization racked up US$9 million in costs.
Business application software vendor, Infor, has acquired software-as-a-service (SaaS) based marketing resource management (MRM) software vendor, Orbis Global, to boost its Epiphany suite.
Infor has scooped up marketing resource management vendor Orbis Global in a bid to flesh out the capabilities of its Epiphany marketing suite. Terms of the agreement, which was announced Tuesday, were not disclosed.
Infor has teamed up with VMWare to help customers of its Infor10 LN ERP (enterprise resource planning) software run on VMWare's latest virtualization technology, opening a door to private cloud deployments and potentially lower infrastructure costs.
In a case that hinges on interpretations of software contract language and the respective rights of customers and vendors when it comes to third-party support organizations, 3M wants a court to declare that it doesn't owe Infor millions of dollars in fees.
The end of each year sparks an occasion for rumination on the past, as well as a longing gaze into the future. We shined up our crystal ball, rubbed our chin for a while, and sought opinions from industry analysts on what the future holds for the enterprise software market.
Sign up now »
Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- FTSEO Account ManagerNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTSEO Account ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager (Events/Exhibitions)NSW
- FTAcquisition Online Marketing Manager $140k plus super and bonus.NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ExecutivesNSW
- Overconfident execs failing security’s latent big data challenge: McAfee
- Malware numbers just keep growing
- Public cloud benefits outweigh security and data sovereignty risks, says head of Parliament IT
- Google Glass panic triggers rise in facial-recognition blockers
- Massive Java update won't get Oracle out of attacker's crosshairs
- Aussie organisations rate social collaboration platforms as top IT investment: Report
- Financial services firm figures out how to do social safely
- Social media adds spice to financial services, say banks
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment