IBM is laying off employees this week, a job action that began in a curious way, with the announcement with an agreement with New York to maintain minimum staffing levels in the state.
A significant global talent shortage is looming as companies seek to leverage Big Data for competitive advantage but struggle to find people with the right skills and competencies in this relatively uncharted territory, according to talent management and recruitment company, Hudson.
Manhattan is one of the best locations in the U.S. for data center network connectivity, but it is also an increasingly risky location because of flooding. That didn't stop Telx from opening a third facility there.
Despite the threat of rising unemployment figures, the IT industry itself has remained remarkably resilient. However, there is a serious shortage of niche skills particularly in high demand areas such as Cloud computing, Big Data and app development.
Soasta, Cloudbees partner to connect mobile app dev to Jenkins continuous integration server, making it easier for developers to test and deploy apps to the cloud
Australian ICT employees are taking on more responsibilities and bigger workloads, but they don’t feel they are being adequately rewarded for their efforts, claims recruitment specialist, Hudson.
IT is the most positive industry in terms of Australian hiring intentions, according to employment agency, Hudson.
Changing business demands and technology trends, such as Cloud computing, mobility and the consumerisation of IT, are changing the role of CIOs and redefining the skills needed to be successful, according to talent solution company, Hudson.
Data recovery experts have been kept busy in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, which left a slew of data centers underwater, damaging equipment and threatening a significant loss of business-critical data.
Both the role and skills requirements of chief information officers (CIOs) are being transformed as a result of changing business demands and the big technology trends – Cloud, mobility, the consumerisation of IT – according to Hudson’s latest 'ICT Leaders Series' report.
- NATO security certification opens new markets for Australia's Senetas
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Disaster as CryptoWall encrypts US firm's entire server installation
- 5 great examples of augmented reality in marketing
- Catch of the Day retailer hooks fresh customer insight with NPS
- Tourism Australia's Nick Baker wins AMI Marketer of the Year
- Content marketing can't be measured on the last-click: Outbrain CEO
- Latest crowdsourced guide rates top A/B testing vendors for marketers