IBM is laying off employees this week, a job action that began in a curious way, with the announcement with an agreement with New York to maintain minimum staffing levels in the state.
A significant global talent shortage is looming as companies seek to leverage Big Data for competitive advantage but struggle to find people with the right skills and competencies in this relatively uncharted territory, according to talent management and recruitment company, Hudson.
Manhattan is one of the best locations in the U.S. for data center network connectivity, but it is also an increasingly risky location because of flooding. That didn't stop Telx from opening a third facility there.
Despite the threat of rising unemployment figures, the IT industry itself has remained remarkably resilient. However, there is a serious shortage of niche skills particularly in high demand areas such as Cloud computing, Big Data and app development.
Soasta, Cloudbees partner to connect mobile app dev to Jenkins continuous integration server, making it easier for developers to test and deploy apps to the cloud
Australian ICT employees are taking on more responsibilities and bigger workloads, but they don’t feel they are being adequately rewarded for their efforts, claims recruitment specialist, Hudson.
IT is the most positive industry in terms of Australian hiring intentions, according to employment agency, Hudson.
Changing business demands and technology trends, such as Cloud computing, mobility and the consumerisation of IT, are changing the role of CIOs and redefining the skills needed to be successful, according to talent solution company, Hudson.
Data recovery experts have been kept busy in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, which left a slew of data centers underwater, damaging equipment and threatening a significant loss of business-critical data.
Both the role and skills requirements of chief information officers (CIOs) are being transformed as a result of changing business demands and the big technology trends – Cloud, mobility, the consumerisation of IT – according to Hudson’s latest 'ICT Leaders Series' report.
- Retired US airport body scanners fail to spot guns, knives
- The UPS Store says malware found on systems of 51 stores
- Plug-and-play Android security layer outlined by NC State researchers
- Moving toward smart and secure continuous software delivery
- Spam industry reinvented as messages containing malicious links surge
- Expedia MD: How we're rallying around the customer
- NRMA launches new content portal for over 50s
- Australians lead the world for programmatic video advertising growth
- Growth hacking and bridging the marketing/product gap: The Hipages story
- CMO Council State of Marketing shows CMO confident in c-level role, revenue targets