hardware in pictures
News about hardware
Features about hardware
If you want a wearable Internet of Things, the electronics have to be as small and as energy efficient as possible. That's why a new microcontroller by Freescale Semiconductor is notable.
NASA announced the discovery of 715 planets orbiting 305 stars, revealing multi-planet systems much like our own solar system.
Aerospace company Terrafugia is working on a robotic, autonomous flying car.
China-based Lenovo is on a roll, with the goal of becoming a globally recognized brand in nearly all shapes and sizes of computing hardware, including laptops, servers and smartphones.
If one day a swarm of small flying robots are used to search for survivors after an earthquake, credit may go to a team of Virginia Tech scientists and their study of bats.
Tired of having to fumble for the USB port every time your mobile device runs out of power? With these wireless chargers, just put your device down and let it it power up.
Data communications company, Motorola Solutions, has launched a concept patrol car intended to serve as a "virtual partner" for emergency services by creating a fully-integrated mobile communications experience.
The Australian video and computer games industry tipped over the $2 billion mark in 2013, with traditional hard-copy retail sales hitting $1.14bn and digital sales reaching an estimated $899 million, according to data from NPD Group Australia.
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
Learning to use a 3D printer for the first time is not complicated, but learning to do it well comes with a significant learning curve.
If your organsation is looking into 3D printing, IT can't afford to sit on the sidelines until it starts to look real.
The number of 3D printer vendors rose from five last year to more than 20 this year, and prices for their machines have come down dramatically.
If you got a new smartphone, tablet or computer for the holidays, these Computerworld stories can help you get acquainted with new OSes, find great apps and accessories, safely dispose of your old devices and more.
Hewlett-Packard's turnaround effort under CEO Meg Whitman, like an object in the rearview mirror, is closer than it appears. Credit the impending success on strategic partnerships, good hires and a broad view of the future of tech.
After Samsung's Galaxy Gear smartwatch was roundly criticized by some reviewers and analysts after its unveiling Wednesday, it seems to fair to ask: Will the technology be a hit or a dud?
For generations, office ergonomics involved various measures intended to keep employees productive while they remained in their chairs. New thinking and new devices are changing all that.
Microsoft's attempt to transform its dog-eat-dog corporate culture into a kinder, gentler cooperative climate is likely doomed, an expert in failed business strategies said today.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
Vintek, a leading provider of managed IT services, needed to consolidate the technology underlying its cloud services to improve performance for its customers. The IBM® PureFlex™ System let Vintek combine all of its cloud services into a single platform that greatly improved performance and efficiency for customers. Read the case study to find out how IBM solutions helped Vintek, an Adelaide-based MSP reduce the amount of time and money it spent managing and maintaining its hardware.Most Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.CSO
- Assange at SXSW: 'Who really wears the pants in the administration?'
- Abortion clinic BPAS fined £200k after website hack
- Europol chief warns against sending sensitive data over public wi-fi
- Government considers higher fines for data protection breaches
- SXSW starts out with spotlight on security, as Google's Schmidt sounds off on NSA
- Women's rights campaigns to take over social discovery app Tinder
- Telling the right story: Best Western's customer experience journey
- Trust issue looms large for tech companies capitalizing on personal data
- Getty makes 35 million images embeddable to gather data, monetize usage
- More followers can bring more social rage: Virgin Mobile
- Mar 07
- CA Technologies A/NZ boss steps down
- Mar 07
- Ecotech strikes Indian distribution deal
- Mar 07
- ICT could save Australians $8.1 billion and cut carbon emissions: Telstra
- Mar 07
- Dicker Data shoulders $140 million debt to fund takeover
- More News
- 13 Mar
- JuiceIT 2014
- 18 Mar
- Webinar: Your key to unlocking sustainable profits
- 19 Mar
- WEBINAR: Cloud Computing 2014 - Why it can be a real competitive advantage for s...
- 20 Mar
- Navigating Analytics
- View all events