hardware in pictures
News about hardware
Features about hardware
A new report from IHS shows that because of steep prices, UHD TVs are not making deep inroads in the television market.
The 300-pound humanoid robot working on the International Space Station is in the midst of getting a series of upgrades, including new processors and software in preparation of having a pair of legs attached to it.
Motorola Solutions on Tuesday unveiled a speech technology upgrade targeting mobile device workers in warehouses and distribution centers.
Huawei has launched four new enterprise solutions into the Australian market, products it claims were part of the result of its $US24 billion research and development budget.
There's a new tasty treat in town for mini computer fans, and its name is the Raspberry Pi B+. Two years after the model B came out, the Raspberry Pi Foundation is back with a new revision that includes more GPIO pins, more USB ports, a microSD slot, improved audio, and lower power consumption.
Robotic spheres aboard the International Space Station soon will will be quite a bit smarter, gaining the ability to fly safely and adroitly around the orbiter.
IBM plans to spend $3 billion to develop new computer chips and chip architectures. So what's this non-silicon future look like?
Google executives are no longer saying whether Glass will be ready for release in 2014.
All laptops run on batteries and all batteries eventually run out -- especially when you use your device throughout the day. Here are some tips to help keep it going.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s own interface overlay which skins Google’s Android 4.4 Kit Kat operating system with heavy-duty software (and in some cases, gimmicks).
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
Learning to use a 3D printer for the first time is not complicated, but learning to do it well comes with a significant learning curve.
If your organsation is looking into 3D printing, IT can't afford to sit on the sidelines until it starts to look real.
The number of 3D printer vendors rose from five last year to more than 20 this year, and prices for their machines have come down dramatically.
If you got a new smartphone, tablet or computer for the holidays, these Computerworld stories can help you get acquainted with new OSes, find great apps and accessories, safely dispose of your old devices and more.
Hewlett-Packard's turnaround effort under CEO Meg Whitman, like an object in the rearview mirror, is closer than it appears. Credit the impending success on strategic partnerships, good hires and a broad view of the future of tech.
- Mystery 'Onion/Critroni' ransom Trojan evolves to use more sophisticated encryption
- Criminals ride Google coattails in DDoS attacks
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- How to prevent a website compromise like StubHub
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Jul 25
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- Jul 25
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Jul 25
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Jul 25
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added dis...
- More News
- 29 Jul
- SplunkLive!; Canberra
- 05 Aug
- Systems Technology Day - Build Your Own Private Cloud
- 06 Aug
- Oracle Employee Experience Journey Mapping Workshops
- 20 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Melbourne
- View all events