Like it or not, IT departments are accepting the fact that employees are bringing smartphones, tablets, and personal laptops to work – and that they will use these devices while on the job.
We all know that relying on a simple user ID and password combination is fraught with peril. One alternative is to use one of the single sign-on solutions we reviewed last year, but there are less expensive options that could also be easier to install.
Most of us have apparently decided we can't live without our favorite mobile device. Whether on public transportation, shopping or just walking down the street, you're more likely than not to be surrounded by people swiping screens, adjusting their earbuds or typing on a virtual screen.
After months of high unemployment and a still-wobbly economy, any good news from the jobs market is going to get some traction. But even that doesn't seem to fully explain the attention surrounding a suddenly very "in" job title: data scientist.
If your business isn't already investing in 3D printing, it should be. And if you have a 3D printer, you should buy another one, recommends Gartner research director Pete Basiliere.
Concerns about the economy and budget battles on Capitol Hill have put a damper on the IT job scene, but not enough to thwart expansion.
With companies running lean and mean, professional development has increasingly become an individual sport. IT workers have learned to fend for themselves to develop needed skills and gain new mindsets for managing more effectively and adding more value to the workplace.
According to Allen Paller, director of research at the SANS Institute, 95% of all attacks on enterprise networks are the result of successful spear phishing. In other words, somebody received an email and either clicked on a link or opened a file that they weren't supposed to.
Sign up now »
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTSEO Account ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Account ManagerVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager (Events/Exhibitions)NSW
- FTBusiness Development ExecutivesNSW
- FTAcquisition Online Marketing Manager $140k plus super and bonus.NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- 3D printer creates lithium-ion batteries the size of a grain of sand
- Congress looks to kill NASA's plan to capture an asteroid
- AT&T to offer NEC Terrain push-to-talk Android smartphone starting Friday
- Intel chooses sides in wireless power market
- Good riddance Google Reader: Feedly throws switch on alternate RSS service
- Financial services firm figures out how to do social safely
- Social media adds spice to financial services, say banks
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment
- ADMA criticises government plans for compulsory data breach notification