Facebook in pictures
News about Facebook
Features about Facebook
Critics of the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. residents' telephone records should offer a better way to track terrorists and protect the country against attacks, the agency's director said Wednesday.
Juniper Networks in September made its software-defined network (SDN) controller known as Contrail generally available. Network World Senior Editor Ellen Messmer delves into the security strategy behind the Contrail controller in a discussion with Juniper's Senior Director of Product Management Jennifer Linn, and Chris Hoff, vice president of strategic planning in the security business unit at Juniper.
An industry consortium featuring some of the biggest names in technology – including Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Reddit – is urging the Obama Administration to support a major overhaul of laws governing electronic surveillance.
Facebook users spent much of 2013 talking about the new pope, elections around the world and, of course, relationships.
Eight top tech companies in the U.S. have asked governments around the world to reform surveillance laws and practices, and asked the U.S. to take the lead.
Where did you first learn about Amazon's crazy plan to deliver packages via drone? "60 Minutes"? The New York Times? Increasingly, the answer is likely to be Twitter, Facebook or Yahoo, and that's just how the online giants like it.
Only 30% of the CEOs at the top companies traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange are active on social media sites, gathering spots for millions of potential customers.
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill meant to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing multiple infringement lawsuits or demanding licensing deals over the objections of some groups representing small inventors.
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
Personal coach Kelly Walsh says some initiatives with the 'work/life balance' label are actually counterproductive.
If there's no catastrophic system failure or major software deployment to work on, CEOs might wonder what IT does all day. Here's how to make sure your contributions aren't undervalued when things go smoothly.
Trends in social, search, mobile, wearable and the Internet of things will alter our perception of reality. Change is in the air, says columnist Mike Elgan.
With its IPO share price now set and its roadshow about to begin, Twitter will soon face some tough questions from potential investors.
Forget softball games. Hackathons promote togetherness among techies while benefiting the enterprise, and no one gets pitcher's elbow.
In a new push to compete with Twitter and its lock on immediacy, Facebook took the wraps off two new APIs that enable news organizations to tap into user comments and display them online or on TV in real time.
As rumors swirl that Twitter is gearing up for an initial public offering (IPO), industry analysts say the timing is right for such a move.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's plan to connect five billion people to the Internet is feasible, anlysts said today. But it it could take 20 years to complete.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
Acquire Maximum Performance and Reliability with Seagate® Solid State Hybrid DrivesMost Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.CSO
- Phishing gang suspected of £1 million theft found with hand grenade
- Internet companies dismayed by French law allowing warrantless access to live user data
- Rules that carriers must retain data called incompatible with EU law
- Banks shouldn't rely on mobile SMS passcodes, security firm says
- Zeus malware gets 64-bit makeover
- Switch to open source successfully completed, city of Munich says
- Rackspace banks on DevOps to help companies automate cloud management
- Google goes offline with Chrome Apps for Mac
- UPDATED: 4G in Australia: The state of the nation
- ITU standardizes 1Gbps over copper, but services won't come until 2015
- Why CMOs can't ignore social media governance
- Jacob's Creek taps into Facebook data for personalised customer greetings
- In Pictures: 12 Big Data predictions for 2014
- Facebook performance report signals rising brand engagement on social
- Australia's love of online search advertising continues, finds new report