Express Data in pictures
News about Express Data
Interviews about Express Data
CA Technologies has appointed Simon Bills to head up the company’s data management business in the A/NZ region.
Dicker Data has confirmed the completion of its $65.5 million purchase of competing distributor, Express Data
Dicker Data and Apple have agreed not to continue with a multi-million dollar distribution partnership that Dicker inherited through its recent acquisition of Express Data and Express Online.
Dicker Data shareholders have rubber stamped the finance and purchase of competing distributor, Express Data.
Australian distributor Dicker Data has taken on $140 million in debt to fund the $65.5 million takeover of Express Data.
IN PICTURES: ARN Roundtable - Don't Call Me Reseller: How the changing role of the partner affects distribution
ARN's latest roundtable was held in conjunction with Distribution Central, Express Data, Newlease, Westcon Group and WhiteGold Solutions at The Drawing Room in Sydney's Langham Hotel. Transformative technologies and the advent of XaaS (anything-as-a-service) are the catalysts for changing the reseller’s current business model into a service provider role. As a result, is it still fair to call distributor's partners resellers? Attendees discussed the the changes Cloud has wrought on the Channel landscape and the emergence of other transformative technologies that have changed the reseller's MO drastically. Photographs by Ian Sharp
Dicker Data shareholders are set to vote on the future of the company following its buy-out of fellow distributor Express Data.
Australian distributor, Dicker Data, has signed a share purchase agreement to acquire 100 per cent of the issued capital of Express Data for $65.5 million.
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
After four months in the top job, Express Data CEO, David Gage, sat down with ARN to talk about his top priorities, the importance of looking after staff, customers and suppliers, and what’s in store for Express Data during the next few months.
Express Data has done amazingly well in a market that some observers argue is becoming increasingly difficult for distributors to operate within.
Express Data managing director, Ross Cochrane, is well known and respected for his 13 years at the distributor’s helm. But his heritage in the IT industry was established well before he accepted the post from company co-founder, Jon Shein.
To some, 13 is an unlucky number. In fact, there are people are so frightened by it that the fear of 13 has been given a name – Triskaidekaphobia. Express Data is not Triskaidekaphobic. Now in its 13th year of trading under its current name, the company has sailed itself through the global financial crisis with a steady hand, and emerged on the other side as ARN’s Software Distributor of the Year for 2009.
Niall Connell is passionate about two things: Tennis and Express Data. And it’s not just because the company has a tennis court right behind its office.
With hundreds of thousands of software SKUs to manage from a broad range of publishers, the task of distributing software licensing to the channel is a tough one. But for Express Data, it’s a core part of doing business.
Outside of the office there is always leisure time for a bit of reading, retail therapy and Internet surfing. At work, however, the focus for Express Data purchasing team leader, Isabel Reid, is happily on producing the goods day in, day out.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.Most Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.Latest Jobs
Most Popular Resource Papers#1
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTMarketing Analytics ManagerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager/Senior Content Manager - CRM/Loyalty FocusNSW
Microsoft has now ended its support for Windows XP, which means that a security sinkhole will likely open and gradually widen, threatening hundreds of millions of PCs worldwide in homes, companies, government agencies and schools. Along with the Y2K bug, Windows XP’s support termination is one of the computer industry’s most publicised -- and most ignored -- deadlines, towards which many business and IT managers have taken a curiously casual attitude. The implications could be dire for those organizations that continue to use Windows XP, a decrepit operating system Microsoft.
- Even the most secure cloud storage may not be so secure, study finds
- Blame Heartbleed: HealthCare.gov requires users to change their passwords
- Major security flaws threaten satellite communications
- Satellite communication systems rife with security flaws, vulnerable to remote hacks
- Chrome OS may kill the password with Easy Unlock smartphone option
- In pictures: Customer 360 Symposium hits the Hunter Valley
- Why CMOs must embrace the seven principles of agile marketing
- Google opens the floodgates for new 'social' ads
- Telefónica starts exchange for targeted mobile ads
- Crowdsource guide ranks marketing automation platforms by user recommendations and company size
- Apr 17
- EXCLUSIVE: Acer turns a corner with another big contract win in 2014
- Apr 16
- Sony launches 6in dual-SIM smartphone for sub-$500
- Apr 17
- Splunk exec defects to tech disruptor Elasticsearch
- Apr 17
- JCurve acquisition to boost telco play following $A2.5m capital raising
- More News
- 24 Apr
- The China Healthcare ICT Conference 2014
- 05 May
- CeBIT Australia 2014
- 06 May
- Oracle Day 2014 - Across 2 Cities
- 06 May
- Oracle Day 2014 - Across 2 Cities
- View all events