education in pictures
News about education
Interviews about education
On Sunday, Panasonic formally launched its "3E" hybrid tablet for education, the next spiritual descendant of the Intel Classmate PC.
In 1964 IBM announced one of the most famous mainframes ever, the IBM System/360 which, on the low end versions ran at 0.0018 to 0.034 MIPS. For the time, that was serious performance ... in comparison, the iMac I'm writing this on runs at 92,100 MIPS.
U.S. schools could get a cool billion to set up Wi-Fi networks to connect more than 10 million more students by the 2015-2016 school year under a new FCC proposal.
Following is the text of the address by Bill and Melinda Gates, philanthropists and co-chairs of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, as prepared for delivery at Stanford University's 123rd Commencement on June 15, 2014. Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates recently stepped aside as Microsoft chairman and is now an advisor to the CEO. See a video recap of the Stanford speech here.
Some industries adopt technology more quickly than others, but even the most careful and slowest-moving industries have bought into the value of mobile apps. Here are the top 10 apps in each of six major industries.
Deakin University and Samsung have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) which will see the parties collaborate through a series of joint research and development (R&D) projects.
Lenovo has appointed Paul Hutchings to the newly-created role of education industry lead for Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ).
Data#3 has formed a a new strategic partnership with The Alpha School System to deliver Cloud and data analytics to the Australian education sector.
Features about education
What are the differences and similarities between the role of a CIO within a large corporate and a state education department?
The truth, when it comes to computer employment data, is almost always ugly.
IT job seekers embrace social media, video and graphics to enhance their resumes and set themselves apart from other job applicants.
With IT talent hard to find and expensive to replace, smart companies are developing IT-specific onboarding programs to attract and retain top tech employees.
Kindergarten rules for living well can get you in trouble in the corporate world. Now, there is an app for business complications of the worst type.
The incredible - and inspiring - story of neuroscientist and Promethean chief science of education officer, Ramona Pierson
University students just can't do without their gadgets. We look at the technology that's been a must-have for students from the 1950s to the present day.
- Can information sharing stop bots in their tracks?
- Senator pushes new version of bill to limit NSA phone records collection
- Canada blames China for cyber intrusion at National Research Council
- Android vulnerability allows malware to compromise most devices and apps
- Georgia Tech launches early warning system for cyberthreats
- Newcastle Council deploys TechnologyOne enterprise solution
- Vodafone re-allocates 850MHz 4G spectrum a week after Telstra and Optus 700MHz l...
- Sitecore tackles Western Australia with Velrada partnership
- Email to make way for automation: KPMG
- More News
- 05 Aug
- Systems Technology Day - Build Your Own Private Cloud
- 06 Aug
- Oracle Employee Experience Journey Mapping Workshops
- 20 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Melbourne
- 21 Aug
- CAST 611 Advanced Penetration Testing
- View all events