e-waste in pictures
News about e-waste
Interviews about e-waste
TechCollect is targeting the large volumes of computer and IT waste generated by the corporate world in 2014, as it shifts its operational strategy to a business to business focus for the year ahead.
Brazil, India, China and many others are e-waste graveyards
Australian not-for-profit recycler, TechCollect, businesses and consumers have combined to set a new Guinness World Record for the most e-waste collected for recycling in a week.
Nationwide recycling service for old computer and accessories, printers and TVs, TechCollect, is urging Australians to participate in a recycling initiative that could potentially set a new world record for the most e-waste collected.
The continued strong interest in electronic gifts, as well as new demand for student-supplied computing, during the back-to-school period may cause an e-waste surge in Australia over the next few months, according to recycling program, TechCollect.
Electronics vendor, Acer, launched a ‘Recycle and Reward’ program on January 18 which aims to reduce the amount of computer waste sent to landfills in Australia.
ICT services company, Dimension Data, has launched an e-waste removal service as part of its expanded Technology Lifecycle Management Assessment (TLMA) designed to assist organisations with inventory management.
Developing countries need to prepare for an avalanche of e-waste generated by PCs, consumer electronics and appliances, the United Nations said in a study released Monday.
Features about e-waste
With most Americans switching their mobile handsets once every 18 months, the need to find safe ways to dispose of old mobile phones has only grown. ReCellular, a self-described "electronics-sustainability" firm based in the US, has spent the past two decades working with the US-based Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association (CTIA) to become a major recycler and reseller of mobile handsets and accessories. Every day, ReCellular processes thousands of unwanted handsets and either fixes them for resale or sends them off to be melted down and recycled. ReCellular Vice President Mike Newman spoke with Brad Reed about how his company is helping to reduce e-waste, as well as how enterprises can benefit from donating their mobile devices for reuse and recycling.
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
A team of journalists investigating the global electronic waste business has unearthed a security problem too. In a Ghana market, they bought a computer hard drive containing sensitive documents belonging to U.S. government contractor Northrop Grumman.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
ABT Online, an IBM® Business Partner, needed to refresh its ageing multi-platform managed services infrastructure to support existing enterprise clients and to serve new small to medium business customers.Most Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Assange at SXSW: 'Who really wears the pants in the administration?'
- Abortion clinic BPAS fined £200k after website hack
- Europol chief warns against sending sensitive data over public wi-fi
- Government considers higher fines for data protection breaches
- SXSW starts out with spotlight on security, as Google's Schmidt sounds off on NSA
- Women's rights campaigns to take over social discovery app Tinder
- Telling the right story: Best Western's customer experience journey
- Trust issue looms large for tech companies capitalizing on personal data
- Getty makes 35 million images embeddable to gather data, monetize usage
- More followers can bring more social rage: Virgin Mobile
- Mar 07
- CA Technologies A/NZ boss steps down
- Mar 07
- Ecotech strikes Indian distribution deal
- Mar 07
- ICT could save Australians $8.1 billion and cut carbon emissions: Telstra
- Mar 07
- Dicker Data shoulders $140 million debt to fund takeover
- More News
- 13 Mar
- JuiceIT 2014
- 18 Mar
- Webinar: Your key to unlocking sustainable profits
- 19 Mar
- WEBINAR: Cloud Computing 2014 - Why it can be a real competitive advantage for s...
- 20 Mar
- Navigating Analytics
- View all events