desktop in pictures
News about desktop
Interviews about desktop
Hosted Networks launched its desktop data recovery (DR) service to augment desktop as a service.
Impact Systems is prepared to abandon its channel-only business model and go direct if the pressure of a disproportionate market and lazy resellers continues to squeeze its bottom line.
The September update to Atmail’s email and collaboration platform has seen the service introduce a unified experience across on-premises desktop and Cloud-hosted environments.
Apple sets the standard -- for both success and failure. Here's a look at 11 major screwups, some of which almost derailed the company
ShoreTel launched an update to the firm’s Mobility application, ShoreTel Mobility 8.
Nutanix is focusing its 12-month roadmap on capitalising on Citrix’s virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) footprint in Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ), with the vendor intent on scouting and converting customers using legacy hardware.
Intel is late to the tablet game and it admits to that fact, but has set bold targets for 2014 as it seeks to catch up to market leader, ARM.
Contrary to the doom and gloom predictions surrounding the desktop space over the past 24 months, Intel claims renewed optimism about the direction of the market segment, having experienced seven per cent year-on-year (YoY) volume growth in its fourth quarter earnings for 2013.
Features about desktop
Lenovo is gearing up for a consumer push in the A/NZ region. In an interview with Reseller News, Matt Codrington, MD of Lenovo A/NZ describes the shape that drive will take, the products the region might soon see in retail stores and the changes the company foresees in an increasingly commoditised hardware market.
Lenovo's IdeaCentre All-in-One desktops have been revamped for 2011, offering up a host of new features, and functionality. There's something for everyone here, with 3D displays, multitouch, TV tuners and new processors from AMD and Intel.
Despite the notebook’s surge in popularity, the stalwart desktop remains strong with solid sales and innovative iterations. TREVOR CLARKE reports.
- Cabinet Office seeking suppliers for GOV.UK Verify
- Ofcom fended off 1,600 cyberattacks in two months, FoI request reveals
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' release after threats following cyberattack
- ‘Backdoor’ may be on 10m Coolpad Android smartphones
- Forensic software gets around iCloud security features
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year
- Predictive analytics for the masses gets closer with vendor investments
- Second-screen ad synching to take off in 2015
- Microsoft kills EU browser choice screen
- New Vocus/Amcom entity will have initial personnel restructure
- Schneider Electric wins 2014 Platts Global Energy Award
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- More News