Datacom in pictures
News about Datacom
Interviews about Datacom
Datacom Group has reported a 1.3 per cent increase in overall revenues to $881 million as compared to last year’s $870 million, and total group profit before tax of $64.7 million compared to last year’s $50.9 million, for the year ending March 31, 2014.
ARN's latest roundtable, 'Software Defined Networking - Getting off on the right foot' was held in conjunction with HP, at Est. in Sydney. As one of 2014's rapidly emerging technologies, despite its immaturity, SDN has the potential to completely revolutionise every aspect of networking, and thus every aspect of the IT industry. The Roundtable discussed the rapidly emerging SDN market, the hype, the different models and eco-systems on offer, where the market is going to go in 2014 and beyond, and the overall implications for resellers and their partners. ARN's full feature write up of the session will be available in the June 25 issue. Photographs by Ian Sharp.
Westcon New Zealand and Data#3 took top honours at Symantec's 2014 Pacific Partner Awards in Sydney, winning the Distributor of the Year and Symantec Partner of the Year categories, respectively. The firms were selected judged on overall performance in revenue growth, achievement of Symantec specialisation, joint marketing activities, program adoption, technical expertise and customer service excellence. Other winners included Ethan Group, Insight, Intalock, Insentra, and Datacom NZ.
Chris Trevitt will focus on driving EMC’s partner activities in 2014 and beyond.
Independent Data Solutions has inked a deal with a Norway-based datacentre connectivity solutions firm SmartOptics to become the sole distributor of its wavelength division multiplexing solutions in A/NZ.
ARN's latest roundtable was held in conjunction with Symantec, at Otto Risorante in Woolloomooloo, Sydney. With the ever-evolving threat landscape and game-changing trends including Cloud, virtualisation and mobility affecting how businesses approach IT, organisations need to be aware of the latest trends in the security and storage markets and adopt appropriate response strategies. Attendees discussed these and many other storage and security predictions for 2014, highlighted the game-changing market trends, and the overall implications for partners. Photographs by Ian Sharp
Datacom NZ and Syl Semantics have entered into a partnership to deliver information management and enterprise search solutions to A/NZ clients.
IT services provider, Datacom, has created a new division, Datacom Solutions that will be led by newly appointed Jonathan Usher.
Once upon a time, the idea of using expensive, environmentally-friendly IT was expected to flop in the harsh world of business. But fast-forward to 2009 and green technology has leapt off the drawing boards into the realm of profitability.
Steady, incremental improvement has been the name of the game for Datacom, and is what led to the service provider winning the ARN Green Project of the Year award for the second time in a row.
- China says US hacking accusations are 'totally groundless'
- Ig Nobels promise scientific silliness – which is kind of the point
- BitTorrent Bleep's serverless, peer-to-peer messaging enters public alpha
- Right-to-be-forgotten 'dashboard' to help EU's data protection authorities
- AMI gets members' choice board of directors
- Coca-Cola strategy VP: Creativity at the heart of real-time digital interaction
- Former ninemsn exec appointed CEO at bar tab app startup, Clipp
- Aussie consulting group plans to help brands solve customer experience woes
- Deloitte CMO: The differentiation point for businesses is creativity
- CoinJar’s bitcoin EFTPOS card to hit the market next week
- Queensland Government appoints Interactive Intelligence to ICT Service Panel
- More than 200 Aussie Apple fanatics hire minions to stand in line for iPhone 6
- Former Microsoft exec named CEO of Australian bar tab start-up
- More News
- 29 Sep
- Vendor and Supplier Management Workshop
- 30 Oct
- Ovum 2020 Telecoms Summit
- 05 Nov
- vForum 2014
- 25 Nov
- GovInnovate Summit
- View all events