Datacom in pictures
News about Datacom
Interviews about Datacom
ARN's latest roundtable, 'Software Defined Networking - Getting off on the right foot' was held in conjunction with HP, at Est. in Sydney. As one of 2014's rapidly emerging technologies, despite its immaturity, SDN has the potential to completely revolutionise every aspect of networking, and thus every aspect of the IT industry. The Roundtable discussed the rapidly emerging SDN market, the hype, the different models and eco-systems on offer, where the market is going to go in 2014 and beyond, and the overall implications for resellers and their partners. ARN's full feature write up of the session will be available in the June 25 issue. Photographs by Ian Sharp.
Westcon New Zealand and Data#3 took top honours at Symantec's 2014 Pacific Partner Awards in Sydney, winning the Distributor of the Year and Symantec Partner of the Year categories, respectively. The firms were selected judged on overall performance in revenue growth, achievement of Symantec specialisation, joint marketing activities, program adoption, technical expertise and customer service excellence. Other winners included Ethan Group, Insight, Intalock, Insentra, and Datacom NZ.
Chris Trevitt will focus on driving EMC’s partner activities in 2014 and beyond.
Independent Data Solutions has inked a deal with a Norway-based datacentre connectivity solutions firm SmartOptics to become the sole distributor of its wavelength division multiplexing solutions in A/NZ.
ARN's latest roundtable was held in conjunction with Symantec, at Otto Risorante in Woolloomooloo, Sydney. With the ever-evolving threat landscape and game-changing trends including Cloud, virtualisation and mobility affecting how businesses approach IT, organisations need to be aware of the latest trends in the security and storage markets and adopt appropriate response strategies. Attendees discussed these and many other storage and security predictions for 2014, highlighted the game-changing market trends, and the overall implications for partners. Photographs by Ian Sharp
Datacom NZ and Syl Semantics have entered into a partnership to deliver information management and enterprise search solutions to A/NZ clients.
IT services provider, Datacom, has created a new division, Datacom Solutions that will be led by newly appointed Jonathan Usher.
New Zealand headquartered IT firm Datacom Group has reported net profits before tax of $50.9 million for the year ending 31 March 2013, a rise of 26 per cent over last year’s $40.4 million. Net profit after tax touched $36 million.
Once upon a time, the idea of using expensive, environmentally-friendly IT was expected to flop in the harsh world of business. But fast-forward to 2009 and green technology has leapt off the drawing boards into the realm of profitability.
Steady, incremental improvement has been the name of the game for Datacom, and is what led to the service provider winning the ARN Green Project of the Year award for the second time in a row.
- The week in security: Old malware continues onslaught as new devices found vulnerable
- Customers welcome C-suite advocate, CipherCloud chief trust officer reports
- Smart city control networks being architected more securely than SCADA
- 'Reveton' ransomware upgraded with powerful password stealer
- Workers at U.S. nuclear regulator fooled by phishers
- NRMA launches new content portal for over 50s
- Australians lead the world for programmatic video advertising growth
- Growth hacking and bridging the marketing/product gap: The Hipages story
- CMO Council State of Marketing shows CMO confident in c-level role, revenue targets
- Customer centricity is the difference between intent and action, says NAB
- Investment in services pays off for ASG
- Voice over 4G: Vodafone lands Australian first
- Distribution Central launches Fusion Systems in SAN Systems rebrand
- Elisha joins Pivotal as new CTO
- More News
- 20 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Melbourne
- 21 Aug
- CAST 611 Advanced Penetration Testing
- 25 Aug
- CA IT Leaders Forum ’14 Brisbane
- 26 Aug
- Integrate 2014 Exhibition & Conference
- View all events