Two Aussie teenagers have taken out top awards at BHP Billiton's Science and Engineering Awards in Melbourne.
Doctors at the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute are using computer gaming technology to help diagnose patients suffering from a heart rhythm disease.
Software-defined storage company, Nexenta, has been listed on the Australian unversity technology procurement panel (CAUDIT).
CSIRO has found itself producing products a long way away from their original expected uses, and it's going to make the world a better place.
Amcom has partnered AARNet to deliver its Cloud collaboration platform to 38 universities and the CSIRO.
Electronic manufacturing firm SRX global has opened a new $125,000 prototyping facility in Dandenong, Victoria.
Alien-invasion sensationalism aside, I know I'm not the only one who feels that an extraterrestrial encounter is more a matter of "when" than "if." All signs point to the possibility of the existence of life outside of our solar system (or even in it), and while not actually proof, CSIRO's (the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization) discovery of a "single-burst of radio emission of unknown origin" made me sit up and pay attention.
The next generation of broadband-enabled applications will be more about connecting households to new Cloud services than checking emails and social media invites, according to Australian national science agency, CSIRO.
The Digital Economy Strategy, recently announced at ceBIT Australia 2011, has been warmly received by the industry. But analysts are less certain of the strategy.
- Personal data on 50,000 Uber drivers exposed in breach
- White House privacy proposal aims to give consumers control over data
- Lenovo to flush 'crapware' from its consumer PCs after Superfish sin
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, February 27
- Insurance firm Staysure fined £175,000 for 'unbelievable' credit card hack
- Companies don’t have policies to disrupt traditional business models: Forrester’s McQuivey
- Oppy appointed marketing chief at CUB
- Drink manufacturer Diageo pilots 'smart bottle' for Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- How Suncorp and Helloworld are driving into digital with data
- Start-up Leia to demo Star Wars-inspired hologram display technology next week