Two Aussie teenagers have taken out top awards at BHP Billiton's Science and Engineering Awards in Melbourne.
Doctors at the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute are using computer gaming technology to help diagnose patients suffering from a heart rhythm disease.
Software-defined storage company, Nexenta, has been listed on the Australian unversity technology procurement panel (CAUDIT).
CSIRO has found itself producing products a long way away from their original expected uses, and it's going to make the world a better place.
Amcom has partnered AARNet to deliver its Cloud collaboration platform to 38 universities and the CSIRO.
Electronic manufacturing firm SRX global has opened a new $125,000 prototyping facility in Dandenong, Victoria.
Alien-invasion sensationalism aside, I know I'm not the only one who feels that an extraterrestrial encounter is more a matter of "when" than "if." All signs point to the possibility of the existence of life outside of our solar system (or even in it), and while not actually proof, CSIRO's (the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization) discovery of a "single-burst of radio emission of unknown origin" made me sit up and pay attention.
The next generation of broadband-enabled applications will be more about connecting households to new Cloud services than checking emails and social media invites, according to Australian national science agency, CSIRO.
The Digital Economy Strategy, recently announced at ceBIT Australia 2011, has been warmly received by the industry. But analysts are less certain of the strategy.
- Developments in call monitoring technology surge
- A10 Networks works with RSA Security to provide enhanced interoperable threat protection capabilities
- Pushdo spamming botnet gains strength again
- Same bug hits dozens of plugins, potentially affecting millions of websites
- RSAC 2015: RSA Conference (Day 1)
- Booking.com will no longer require European hotels to offer it better room prices
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, April 21
- Google makes mobile websites more app-like with Chrome push notifications
- Sony reminds us all what a pathetically weak link email is
- To control your phone, just keep tapping it