cloud security in pictures
News about cloud security
Features about cloud security
A growing number of SaaS providers offer secure encryption log-in to Dropbox and other cloud storage vendors, meaning even they can't access the data you store. And neither can the government.
Cloud email security and hosting vendor, SMX, has made some significant investments hiring Mark Wilson as its new Australian country manager and opening offices in Sydney and Melbourne.
The risks of data privacy, residency, security and regulatory compliance remain significant barriers to cloud adoption for many enterprises. While encryption seems like an obvious solution, historically the technology produced usability issues for cloud applications. To complicate matters, putting encryption into the hands of cloud service providers still left the enterprise open to risks such as insider fraud, hacking and disclosure demands from law enforcement.
When smartphone users upload files to cloud-based services, remnants of those files often remain on their handheld device, even if the data is meant to be stored only in the cloud, researchers have found.
To hear founder and CEO Joel Bomgar tell it, he might never have started his eponymous company if he'd had a cooler car.
Outages with large public cloud providers aren't more common than they are with a business' own private infrastructure.
Security vendor Verdasys says it's ready to bring data loss prevention (DLP) to the cloud.
When Phil Dunkelberger co-founded PGP Corp. in 2002 with Jon Callas, it was to acquire the codebase for the famous encryption technology known as "Pretty Good Privacy" which had been sold to Networks Associates in 1997. That proved a good move for public-key encryption, and now Dunkelberger says his next project -- the formation of a company called Nok Nok Labs -- involves a revolutionary way to support authentication in corporate networks and the cloud.
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
Cloud security has been discussed ad nauseum for years, and it's often cited as the biggest barrier to enterprise cloud adoption. Such conversations are misguided and ignore the larger challenge of cloud adoption: accommodating developers.
RSA President Art Coviello's thoughts on cloud security.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.Most Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.Market PlaceCSO
- Apple end-to-end encryption far from bulletproof
- Java 7 Update 25 fixes 40 security issues, turns on certificate revocation checking
- Statistics reaffirm breach threat, but executive inaction still impeding security: Black Swan
- Apple pours OS X Snow Leopard another Java fix
- With faster 5G Wi-Fi coming, Wi-Fi Alliance kicks off certification program
- Social media adds spice to financial services, say banks
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment
- ADMA criticises government plans for compulsory data breach notification
- Google Glass privacy concerns raised by international data protection authorities