Cloud in pictures
News about Cloud
Interviews about Cloud
Cisco chief technology officer (CTO), Kevin Bloch, opened his presentation at Westcon Group Imagine 2014 with a quote borrowed (and rephrased) from Bill Gates: “computing is essential to a modern economy, but computers and IT departments are not.”
Cloud infrastructure is under pressure to adapt to storage, security and network demands, but while public Cloud has produced success stories, it should not be a go-to for everyone, according to EMC Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) pre-sales manager, Darren Reynolds.
The recurring theme at Westcon Group’s Imagine 2014 conference is its promise that it will not compete with either vendors or resellers.
JUNIPER PARTNER SUMMIT 2014: Distributors important to the Cloud, but need to change - Channel Dynamics
The Australian market is moving towards not owning IT, and Channel Dynamics is now seeing it migrate to the Cloud and managed services.
Telstra’s Cloud Collaboration service is scheduled to go live globally at the end of August, with four nodes to provide access to 25 countries across the telecommunications provider’s network of more than 2500 points of presence (PoPs).
Juniper Networks and Nike will co-create a new datacentre Cloud and retail network infrastructure.
iCITA’s hybrid enterprise datacentre infrastructure network, Hypernode, has launched its end-to-end Cloud solutions to the channel.
Envisian’s current directors are set to acquire reseller Digiworld.
Features about Cloud
Sophos CEO Kris Hagerman has overseen a year of super growth, which he claims is due to a new Cloud management platform, a channel first distribution model and the stumbling of the big security players.
Michael Keithley has more than two decades of experience as a CIO. However, the IT veteran says he's seeing more change now than ever before. CIO.com's Tom Kaneshige sat down with Keithley to talk about the challenges he and his colleagues face, the need to speak the same language as the business side and the reality of what lies ahead for CIOs who refuse to change their approach.
Value-added distributor Connector Systems aims for double-digit growth in Australia as a ‘bare minimum’, and looks for acquisitions to strengthen its presence in the market. But that is just one part of the story.
ARN took some one-on-one time with the high profile CEO to discuss his vision of where he wants to take the company in 2014, and how it will compete with key rivals.
As part of its worldwide reorganisation under CEO, Steve Bennett, Symantec will focus on the channel. Senior director Pacific channel sales, Klasie Holtzhausen, sat down with ARN to discuss the company’s new channel strategy in Australia, and the company’s plans heading into 2014.
Cloud computing gives organisations the opportunity to rethink many traditional IT practices, but it may be a particularly good fit for disaster recovery and business continuity.
Do private Clouds work? You bet they do, says Cisco, which has more than two years of experience under its belt with its Cisco IT Elastic Infrastructure Services (CITEIS) Cloud.
Microsoft just appointed its Cloud guy to be the company's next CEO. Satya Nadella has impressively grown Microsoft into being one of the relevant members of the cloud computing industry, but industry watchers say there is a lot more the company must do to grow into one of the dominant companies in the market.
Amazon Web Services this week rolled out a new cloud-based data analytics tool named Kenesis, which can analyze massive amounts of data in real time and be paid for by the hour.
Going into 2014, a whirlwind of security start-ups are looking to have an impact on the enterprise world. Most of these new ventures are focused on securing data in the cloud and on mobile devices. Santa Clara, California-based Illumio, for example, founded earlier this year, is only hinting about what it will be doing in cloud security. But already it's the darling of Silicon Valley investors, pulling in over $42 million from backer Andreesen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Formation 8 and others.
When most people who track the industry think of the Cloud computing market, big names like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google, Rackspace, Verizon Terremark and others come to mind. HP, Joyent, IBM and Dell even. But Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)?
As CIOs try to make sense of the hype surrounding software-defined networks (SDNs) and their potential in data centers, some experts and vendors say IT leaders are looking for answers in all the wrong places.
It is quite a stretch for most cloud service providers to match the geographical reach of Amazon Web Services.
This may be the last time that Adobe will be releasing new versions of its products all at once, according to Adobe digital media product marketing manager, Michael Stoddart.
- NIST taking input for mobile security guidelines
- City of London Police brings in Kaspersky to train officers to tackle cybercrime
- US agencies to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry
- Should companies practice data retention or data destruction?
- CISOs Can Combat APTs with a Bit of Preparation
- Google gets patent to make Glass look like ordinary specs
- Apple updates OS X Yosemite public beta
- FDA approves tech that turns smartphone into stroke warning system
- Sprint drops second shoe: $60 unlimited voice, text, data plan
- Opera Mini becomes default browser for Microsoft's fading feature phones
- Expedia MD: How we're rallying around the customer
- NRMA launches new content portal for over 50s
- Australians lead the world for programmatic video advertising growth
- Growth hacking and bridging the marketing/product gap: The Hipages story
- CMO Council State of Marketing shows CMO confident in c-level role, revenue targets
- WESTCON IMAGINE 2014: Understanding the job makes IT departments relevant, says ...
- FireEye highlights virtualisation and security opportunities in Sydney (+15 phot...
- Vaya undercuts major telcos with launch of NBN plans
- Meru Networks, Wavelink and Compulec deploy wireless solution at The Glennie Sch...
- More News
- 25 Aug
- CA IT Leaders Forum ’14 Brisbane
- 26 Aug
- CA Expo ’14 Sydney
- 26 Aug
- Integrate 2014 Exhibition & Conference
- 27 Aug
- BizTalk Summit 2014, Australia
- View all events