cisco in pictures
News about cisco
Interviews about cisco
The software and expanded Cloud strategy Cisco is announcing this week is an attempt to leverage the company's installed hardware base while addressing the software centrism sweeping the industry.
The best way to avoid wasting your money on Wave 2 of 802.11ac access points is to not buy them right away, and the second-best is to not overreact to their presence on your network.
There is a widening gap between what security executives believe to be true and the reality of cyberthreats, according to the Cisco 2015 Annual Security Report released today.
Wi-Fi networking company Meru Networks has appointed Victorian reseller Blue Connections as a new channel partner.
Software AG has appointed James Wooster vice president of A/NZ sales as part of an ambitious expansion plan.
Why is it that a who's who of SDN developers is landing at Brocade?
About a year ago a group of executives at a Cisco offsite meeting huddled to discuss a very serious issue: What was the company going to do about the cloud?
The networking industry saw several interesting twists and turns in 2014, with Andrew Lerner, analyst, Gartner providing his take on the top four.
Features about cisco
Westcon Australia director of vendor alliances, Nick McMemeny, wrapped up his tenure on December 31, 2014, and took the time to chat with ARN about his predictions for 2015.
“We are under attack,” claims Nick Earle, senior vice-president, worldwide Cloud and managed services sales, Cisco.
Soni Jiandani is one of Cisco's serial entrepreneurs, having been a key member of the teams that developed everything from the Nexus 5000 to Cisco's Unified Computing System (which in five years has leapt to the top of the x86 blade server market in North America, according to IDC). Today Jiandani is Senior Vice President of Cisco's Insieme business unit, the group pushing the company's Software Defined Networking vision. Network World Editor in Chief John Dix caught with Jiandani to get her take on how SDN plays out.
Juniper's new managing director sits down with ARN to discuss the path forward for the Australian arm of one of the largest networking companies in the world.
Palo Alto founder and CTO, Nir Zuk, is a network security luminary who certainly doesn’t pull any punches when it comes to boxing his company’s rivals – after all, he has worked for most of them, and didn't enjoy the experience.
ARN took some one-on-one time with the high profile CEO to discuss his vision of where he wants to take the company in 2014, and how it will compete with key rivals.
Distributor IPL Communications held a thought leadership event earlier this year specifically targeting 170 dealers that were a mix between telco and system integrators. This was underscored by the need to change. Julia Talevski sat down with IPL general manager, Paul Scanlan, and managing director, Stead Denton.
In the third and final part of an in-depth interview with John Gallant, Scot Finnie, and Editor-in-Chief Eric Knorr, Cisco’s John Chambers discusses the proprietary issue and cloud computing opportunities.
"The server market continues to be deeply impacted by the shift to the 3rd Platform and the affect of mobile, cloud, social and big data analytic technologies."
It was all the way back in the Spring of 2011 that Google released WebRTC, its nascent real-time, browser-based, HTML5-powered, no-plugin-required video chat project to the public. In the three and a half years since, the Internet Engineering Task Force and the W3C have been working together to try to formalize the standard, prepare the stable 1.0 release, and get it ready for prime time.
The engineering reorganization currently underway at Cisco is intended to streamline product development and delivery to customers, Cisco says.
A selection of Westcon Group’s vendor partners sat alongside the distributions Asia-Pacific services and Cloud solutions director, Darryl Grauman, to negotiate the state of resellers in the current Cloud climate, and where small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) fit in its adoption.
Hewlett-Packard's turnaround effort under CEO Meg Whitman, like an object in the rearview mirror, is closer than it appears. Credit the impending success on strategic partnerships, good hires and a broad view of the future of tech.
These days, and with the help of Cisco and EMC, Intel is dipping its toes into the networking and storage ends of the enterprise technology pool. Add this to Intel's server expertise and the data center of the future may be at hand.
On the surface, Cisco and Juniper's SDN strategies seem to have sharp contrasts if recent announcements are any indication.
From software defined networking challenges to killing Cius and corporate restricting moves, it was a busy year for Cisco.
- Reflection techniques comprise nearly half of surging DDoS volumes: PLXsert
- Hackers shakedown businesses by encrypting their websites
- Managing redundant security alerts is costing businesses: FireEye
- Reddit handed over user info for 58% of government requests
- 1Password's update highlights the difference between two-step and two-factor verification
- Data retention to involve 'petabytes of data' for Vodafone
- Reddit handed over user info for 58% of government requests
- Android apostates account for 1-in-5 U.S. iPhone sales
- Scientists say AI fears unfounded, could hinder tech advances
- Microsoft continues cross-platform tear, releases Outlook for iOS, Android
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities
- Citrix's 900 job cuts seen as 'defensive' move
- Infosys appoints new A/NZ boss
- Amazon returns to profit as holiday sales soar
- Apple Watch to add $US16.5 billion to company coffers by 2020
- More News
- 23 Feb
- Live Streaming Technology
- 05 May
- CeBIT Australia 2015
- 27 May
- World Business Forum Sydney
- View all events