channel in pictures
News about channel
Interviews about channel
ARN's latest roundtable, 'Distributors make their mark in the Cloud', hosted industry experts from all levels of the channel at Sydney's O Bar and Dining. With 360-degree views of the cityscape, attendees discussed the impact of Cloud computing on distribution, the roles of distributors in the Cloud, and the changing face of channel relations. Full feature coverage of the roundtable will be included in the September 3 edition of ARN. Photographs by Ian Sharp.
Zebra Technologies has bolstered its after sales support to bolster its channel network in A/NZ.
Security and networking vendor, Barracuda Networks, has confirmed it is no longer working with Transition Systems in Australia and Eagle Technology in New Zealand, in turn giving WhiteGold Solutions sole distribution rights across the region from July 1.
Achieva Technology wants to transform from a traditional IT components box mover to a value-added distributor (VAD), and is building its enterprise portfolio to do so.
Microsoft’s plans for Australia are very much about translating its global emphasis on ‘Cloud-first, mobile-first’ into the local market.
Australian distributor, Distribution Central (DC), has entered a partnership which will see its SAN Systems business unit deliver EVault’s Cloud-connected services to Australian and New Zealand (A/NZ) resellers.
Avnet Technology Solutions has deployed a Brocade-based network infrastructure inside its datacentres in its mission to provide self-service Cloud computing resources to Australian resellers
The debate on Cloud services versus on-premises environments must be revisited, according to FrontRange Cloud business unit vice-president and general manager, Kevin Smith.
Features about channel
When HP first announced it was retrenching more than 25,000 staff worldwide and the depth of its financial problems, Nermin Bajric spoke exclusively to the HP PPS South Pacific vice-president, Robert Mesaros. Now, six months later, he and Mesaros met again to discuss what has happened at HP since.
In transitioning to the Cloud partners need to focus on strategy and place their bets: decide what role they want to play, either selling services, selling a third party XaaS offering, rebadging an offering, or building and running their own XaaS offering.
- PCI regime has bred complacent tick-box security among retailers, Tripwire survey finds
- No.10 Downing Street opens its doors to start-ups for first time
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
- Paddy Power contacts 650,000 customers over data theft
- Attackers can easily create dangerous file-encrypting malware, new threat suggests
- McKinsey details 5 ways CMOs can spearhead business leadership
- Digital delivery lies at the heart of customer centricity, says AMP director
- Friday infographic: Who rules social channels for marketing, customer service?
- In a hyper-social world, some seek a little privacy
- Chatswood Chase reveals customer insights from iBeacon trial
- One in five apps send passwords as clear text: Symantec
- Aug 01
- Mitro makes password manager open source as team heads to Twitter
- Aug 01
- Microsoft security tool EMET 5.0 puts a leash on plugins
- Aug 01
- ACCC revises mobile terminating access service prices
- More News
- 05 Aug
- Systems Technology Day - Build Your Own Private Cloud
- 06 Aug
- Oracle Employee Experience Journey Mapping Workshops
- 20 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Melbourne
- 21 Aug
- CAST 611 Advanced Penetration Testing
- View all events