channel in pictures
News about channel
Interviews about channel
Apple has triggered greater competition in the distribution of the iPad with the appointment of Synnex as its third supplier of the tablet in Australia.
Nimble Storage's Asia-Pacific (APAC) partner event was held at the Chateau Elan Resort in the Hunter Valley, with 120 from 90 partner organisations in attendance. The three-day event merged shop-talk with recreation, with an awards ceremony rounding out the event. Photos: Shinara Armitage Photography
WESTCON IMAGINE 2014: Resilience that saved QF32 will help IT companies survive, says Richard de Crespigny
More than just technology, experienced and knowledgeable leadership is mandatory for the survival of IT companies due to the uncertainties and potential risks of technology, according to Richard de Crespigny.
Westcon Group underpinned its Imagine 2014 conference with a ‘best practice, next practice’ theme, in which it promised to focus on the former to allow resellers to invest in the latter.
Integrate 2014 hosted more than 500 vendors across the audio-visual, unified communications (UC) and smart building industries. In addition to information and training seminars, the exhibition contained an open roadshow floor of local and international technology vendors and integrators, including IT giants and disruptors.
Massachusetts-based datacentre infrastructure vendor, SimpliVity, has confirmed its move into Asia-Pacific and Japan (APJ) and has appointed Distribution Central (DC) to aid in its expansion.
Cloud infrastructure is under pressure to adapt to storage, security and network demands, but while public Cloud has produced success stories, it should not be a go-to for everyone, according to EMC Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) pre-sales manager, Darren Reynolds.
JUNIPER PARTNER SUMMIT 2014: Distributors important to the Cloud, but need to change - Channel Dynamics
The Australian market is moving towards not owning IT, and Channel Dynamics is now seeing it migrate to the Cloud and managed services.
Features about channel
When HP first announced it was retrenching more than 25,000 staff worldwide and the depth of its financial problems, Nermin Bajric spoke exclusively to the HP PPS South Pacific vice-president, Robert Mesaros. Now, six months later, he and Mesaros met again to discuss what has happened at HP since.
A selection of Westcon Group’s vendor partners sat alongside the distributions Asia-Pacific services and Cloud solutions director, Darryl Grauman, to negotiate the state of resellers in the current Cloud climate, and where small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) fit in its adoption.
In transitioning to the Cloud partners need to focus on strategy and place their bets: decide what role they want to play, either selling services, selling a third party XaaS offering, rebadging an offering, or building and running their own XaaS offering.
- One more time: Use two-factor authentication on iCloud, even if there's a waiting period
- Home Depot breach could potentially be as big as Target's
- Home Depot investigates possible payment data breach
- "Outraged" Apple issues update on celebrity cellphone nude photo breach
- Apple says iCloud flaw not at root of celebrity photo hack
- Rocket Fuel latest programmatic ad tech vendor to come to Australia
- Apple partners with Mastercard and Visa on mobile wallet
- Skills and silos still inhibiting leading Aussie brands from being modern marketers
- Deloitte describes four-step model for customer-led marketing
- Melbourne Cricket Ground to give away pies during Beacon trial
- Hackett and Myer inject $5 million into BlueChilli
- Bottomline lands in Sydney
- Google to build quantum computing processors
- Microsoft APC 2014: 21 partners awarded
- More News
- 08 Sep
- ITIL Foundation (incl. Exam)
- 10 Sep
- CPX 2014
- 10 Sep
- IT Leaders Lunch
- 10 Sep
- Drive greater returns from T&E with mobility - Sydney
- View all events