While the BYO trend is most commonly associated with employee-owned smartphones and tablets entering the workplace, new research by Cloud and mobile services vendor, LogMeIn,sheds light on another growing aspect of employee-driven tech adoption: the rise and impact of bring your own apps (BYOA).
While many large organisations see smartphones, tablets and employee-owned devices in the workplace as inevitable, the majority are lagging in providing employees with more than basic (email/calendar) mobile applications.
The enterprise has gone mobile and there's no turning back. And while the BYOD movement has received plenty of attention, IT departments are getting a handle on the security risks of personal mobile devices in the workplace. The next challenge is "bring your own application" (BYOA), because many public app stores have serious malware problems.
Sign up now »
Up until just a few years ago, the hard disc drive (HDD) was the de facto choice for storage in a laptop or desktop computer. Today computer users have more options to fine-tune storage to exactly what they need. Solid state drives (SSD) and newer solid state hybrid drives (SSHD) can enhance the performance of your computer compared to using a traditional hard drive. So whether it’s a new computer or an upgrade to
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Cloud-based user authentication hotting up as SafeNet asserts lead: Gartner
- Email, SMS, phone tapping up 16 per cent in 2012-13: Attorney-General report
- IT security strategy breaking through to highest organisational levels: EY
- Microsoft joins group seeking to replace passwords
- Twitter reverses policy that would allow blocked persons to follow user
- How to Sell on Facebook: Promote, Personalize and Engage
- Marketo acquires Insightera's real-time marketing personalisation suite
- TV second screening and politics lead Australian Twitter chat
- Why CMOs can't ignore social media governance
- Jacob's Creek taps into Facebook data for personalised customer greetings