broadband in pictures
News about broadband
Interviews about broadband
NBN Co will boost the number of broadband connections for Australians who cannot access an existing commercial broadband service – NBN Co Satellite Support (NSS) Scheme.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
Huawei has launched four new enterprise solutions into the Australian market, products it claims were part of the result of its $US24 billion research and development budget.
Telstra has entered a war of words with an Adelaide-based small business owner and his public relations representative regarding a telephone and Internet connection in the Adelaide Hills town of Woodside.
Slingshot customers can now pay their broadband bill with Bitcoin.
Shadow communications minister Jason Clare has accused the Government of failing to meet its NBN construction targets.
Australian telecommunications company, Vocus Communications, is filling the “missing fibre piece” in its NZ play through the purchase of FX Networks for $A107.7 million.
NBN Co will launch its fibre-to-the-basement service five months later later than expected.
Features about broadband
The Federal Government’s $36 billion National Broadband Network (NBN) aspires to be an open-access network which will eventually level the playing-field in the broadband market for ISPs nationwide.
But one company already has its own open-access network, albeit on a smaller scale.
TransACT began its life in the 2000 and has strong ties with the main utility services supplier in ACT, ActewAGL. Its origins stemmed from the fact Telstra and Optus left Canberra out of their HFC broadband network footprint.
AT&T and Google have talked up plans to extend supercharged broadband speeds to several U.S. cities and offer lesser service for free to underserved areas. But whether they, and other providers, can bridge the nation's digital divide without federal help remains to be seen.
As Google and AT&T race to provide super-fast 1 gigabit fiber networks to power users, more than a quarter of U.S. homes still have no broadband service at all.
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
Things slowing down on your Wi-Fi network? Here are a host of tricks, tips and tweaks to speed up your wireless performance.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
The Digital Economy Strategy, recently announced at ceBIT Australia 2011, has been warmly received by the industry. But analysts are less certain of the strategy.
It's always a challenge for IT departments to anticipate how corporate technical demands will evolve, especially when IT budgets have been as tight as a drum for two years.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is expected to happen in the coming year.
- Apple tech note illuminates purported 'backdoor' services
- BlackBerry offers BES10 as a hosted service through partners
- File-encrypting Android ransomware 'Simplocker' targets English-speaking users
- Adelaide security researcher nurturing students' love of a good hack
- Duo sentenced to 14 years for Apple Phishing scheme
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution
- Pinterest peaks, Facebook falters in customer satisfaction survey of social sites
- Xiaomi's Mi4 brings a touch of Apple to the open world of Android
- Scott Leader new executive director A/NZ for Pegasystems
- Zendesk expands Melbourne operation
- Planet Tel acquires Via IP to move into wholesale aggregation
- More News
- 24 Jul
- Veeam’s Crazy 8 Roadshow
- 24 Jul
- The Rise of the Challenger Marketer
- 24 Jul
- Executive Sales Breakfast Briefing
- 24 Jul
- Dell Connected Security: Listen to what the experts have to say about security
- View all events