Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) in pictures
News about Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD)
Mobile devices are shifting the logistics of business operations, and as a result the mobile generation is driving the growth of Wi-Fi networks.
Gold Coast-based company, inTechnology Distribution, has been appointed local distributor by Wi-Fi and Cloud-managed mobile networking provider, Aerohive, as the vendor looks to increase its Australian presence.
Although 79 per cent of organisations claim to be embracing mobile devices for business as a top priority, only 29 per cent of those executing a mobile strategy have tested how well core applications will function on the devices, according to research by ICT services provider, Dimension Data (DiData).
The demand for proactive mobility strategy is toppling the demand for reactive bring-your-own-device (BYOD) point solutions, according to managed services provider (MSP), Logicalis.
UK-based laptop trolley vendor, LapCabby, is expanding into the Australian and New Zealand (A/NZ) market through a new distribution agreement with local company, ASI Solutions.
The Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) has deployed Good Technology’s Good for Enterprise (GFE) mobility management solution and the Good Dynamics platform to ensure secure access to collaboration and productivity applications by staff.
According to analyst firm, IDC, 55 per cent of businesses have no formal bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy for smartphones, and 41 per cent lacked any for laptops.
Cloud-based solutions provider, LogMeIn, has unveiled a new mobile customer service extension for its Rescue solution which aims to accelerate problem resolution and reduce cost for businesses.
- Faster Internet access means more cyberattacks for Africa
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Google, WordPress, LastPass, Salesforce - new USB token secures them all
- Attacks against industrial control systems double
- Pawn Storm cyberespionage group increases activity, targets NATO
- Next on the Office expansion list: Windows 10 phone apps
- Insurance company now offers discounts -- if you let it track your Fitbit
- Canadian banks play hard ball with Apple Pay's moving north
- Feds lay down social media rules; enterprises should, too
- Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC
- Dicker Data unveils new "post-acquisition" logo
- Apr 17
- NetApp secures $2m supercomputing deal with NCI
- Apr 17
- Mandatory Disclosure Laws needed to counter lax security attitudes: Symantec
- Apr 17
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise gears for growth following China Huaxin takeover
- More News
- 21 Apr
- APJ Progress Spark Conference
- 22 Apr
- 2015 Innotribe Startup Challenge
- 27 Apr
- 27 Apr
- View all events