Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) in pictures
News about Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD)
Mobile devices are shifting the logistics of business operations, and as a result the mobile generation is driving the growth of Wi-Fi networks.
Gold Coast-based company, inTechnology Distribution, has been appointed local distributor by Wi-Fi and Cloud-managed mobile networking provider, Aerohive, as the vendor looks to increase its Australian presence.
Although 79 per cent of organisations claim to be embracing mobile devices for business as a top priority, only 29 per cent of those executing a mobile strategy have tested how well core applications will function on the devices, according to research by ICT services provider, Dimension Data (DiData).
The demand for proactive mobility strategy is toppling the demand for reactive bring-your-own-device (BYOD) point solutions, according to managed services provider (MSP), Logicalis.
UK-based laptop trolley vendor, LapCabby, is expanding into the Australian and New Zealand (A/NZ) market through a new distribution agreement with local company, ASI Solutions.
The Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) has deployed Good Technology’s Good for Enterprise (GFE) mobility management solution and the Good Dynamics platform to ensure secure access to collaboration and productivity applications by staff.
According to analyst firm, IDC, 55 per cent of businesses have no formal bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy for smartphones, and 41 per cent lacked any for laptops.
Cloud-based solutions provider, LogMeIn, has unveiled a new mobile customer service extension for its Rescue solution which aims to accelerate problem resolution and reduce cost for businesses.
- The week in security: Apple security scrutinised as mobile, IoT threats loom
- Pressure on CSOs as executives, getting smarter on IT security, defer projects
- Shellshock attackers targeting NAS devices
- Shellshock attacks target QNAP's network storage, FireEye says
- IBM’s SoftLayer on the back foot in big Xen bug reboot
- Report: Marketers ramp up tech spend but experience still driving budget decisions
- Oracle integrates BlueKai with Marketing Cloud
- Marketo launches digital marketing research institute; agency partner program
- How CMOs can make big data relevant to the sales team
- CPA Australia outlines 7-step personalisation strategy for digital engagement
- Cisco and Netgear line up behind new Helix 64-bit ARM chips
- Atmail unifies its on-premises and Cloud-based experiences
- Trying Windows 10 Tech Preview? Keep these 7 things in mind
- Researchers hope to diagnose deadly Ebola virus with nanotech
- More News
- 07 Oct
- DC Infrastructure Solutions Professional
- 08 Oct
- DCIM Certified Solutions Professional
- 08 Oct
- ASUS Business Solutions Roadshow
- 15 Oct
- Dell User Forum
- View all events