The Internet's seething Web of content resembles endless bubbles popping to the surface for only a day, then vanishing, a security study from Blue Coat Systems released today indicates. That means there are a huge number of new, unknown and transient sites daily, posing challenges to determine whether they are benign, or should be blocked as dangerous.
Blue Coat Systems today announced it has acquired anti-malware firm Norman Shark for an undisclosed price, in order to integrate its technologies, such as sandboxing, into other security products available through Blue Coat.
Traffic to Apple.com jumped by as much as 265 per cent in the five days following the release of the iOS update, according to Blue Coat Systems.
A report issued today by the Canadian group Citizen Lab says that network security hardware made by well-known manufacturer Blue Coat Systems is being used for political censorship by the repressive governments of Iran, Syria and Sudan.
Blue Coat Systems, a provider of Web traffic filtering and business assurance products and services, plans to buy security analytics specialist Solera Networks, which uses data mining techniques to classify network traffic and detect potential security threats.
Reporters Without Borders named five countries that regularly spy on journalists and dissidents, a practice the group contends is made possible with advanced technology from private companies.
With 70 per cent of employees across corporate networks using a personal smartphone or tablet, growing attack surface too big to ignore
Blue Coat Systems Monday announced an agreement to acquire Crossbeam Systems for an undisclosed amount by year-end. This would mark the second time Crossbeam has been acquired in 2012, with private equity firm Thoma Bravo acquiring it just last month.
With hidden malware on the rise, the online advertising industry may finally have to get its governance act together.
- IT pros should pay attention to 'shadow IT,' Interop NY keynoters urge
- Don't laugh: Jimmy Kimmel Most Dangerous Cyber Celebrity of 2014
- After a long road to the server market, ARM CEO Segars looks ahead
- FCC: Some TV stations could earn huge dollars in spectrum auction
- Hurry! Wait! Go! Joomla stumbles with patch for serious vulnerability
- Marketo launches digital marketing research institute; agency partner program
- How CMOs can make big data relevant to the sales team
- CPA Australia outlines 7-step personalisation strategy for digital engagement
- Digital agencies — brand custodians?
- Australian social ad spend to hit $706.3m in five years: Forrester