backup in pictures
News about backup
Features about backup
The Cloud is an increasingly viable (and inexpensive) storage and backup option for small businesses. Here are 10 services worth a look - and, possibility, your data.
A global survey of 600 Kroll Ontrack Data Recovery customers has found that while 66 per cent of Australian respondents had a backup solution in place at the time of data loss, the backup was not up to date or operating properly.
Disk-based backup solutions provider, ExaGrid, has posted a “record sales year in 2012,” growing its customer base to over 5200 installations at more than 1600 customers.
IT management solutions provider, CA Technologies, is looking to convert potential customers by offering incentives for businesses who replace competitors’ backup or disaster recovery software with its ARCserve product.
After being announced in the US earlier this year, Symantec’s Backup Exec 3600 makes its way down to Australia.
ARN hosted a Breakfast Briefing, Cloud Backup Services Made Easy, with co-sponsors IBM and Front-Safe. Speakers talked about how services providers can best position a back-up-as a-service offering to target businesses both small and large enterprises.
In a bid to help large businesses create and manage snapshots of application data across sprawling enterprise environments, CommVault is releasing the snapshot component of its Simpana suite as a standalone product.
APP OF THE DAY: Backup (OTA Data Backup Restore)
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
Lock down your PC.
Many of us were shocked last week that a company as prominent as Danger, Inc. could make such a rookie mistake by losing the data of T-Mobile's Sidekick customers. As a system administrator, if there is one thing you absolutely have to get right, it's backups. Here are six ways to botch them.
Mention Shakespeare and everyone spouts "To be or not to be." Mention backup, and the question becomes, "To tape or not to tape?" Is tape dead, or do tape-based backup systems still have a place in the modern small business?
Sign up now »Featured Resources
Cloud and Co-Location SolutionsMost Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.Market PlaceCSO
- AusCERT 2013: International cyberwar response more complex than geopolitical treaties: NATO CCD COE analyst
- AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
- AusCERT 2013: 'Hacktivism' may have passed its prime, but it still left its mark
- AusCERT 2013: Visibility critical when selling IT security to execs, says Foxtel CSO
- AusCERT 2013: Interview with Dr Lizzie Coles-Kemp
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia
- Canon appoints new GM of consumer marketing