Avnet in pictures
News about Avnet
Interviews about Avnet
Nutanix has closed a $US140 million Series E funding round and is now worth more than US$2 billion.
Apple has triggered greater competition in the distribution of the iPad with the appointment of Synnex as its third supplier of the tablet in Australia.
ARN's latest roundtable, 'Tag-teaming it: Collaborating in the channel to pull in the big Cloud deals’ was held at Est. in Sydney, and sponsored by IBM. The event saw industry experts from across the spectrum discuss the various methods managed service providers, independent software vendors, systems integrators and their Channel partners can work together in the new, rapidly maturing Cloud market to grow their businesses. ARN's full feature write up of the session will be available in the August 20 edition. Photographs by Ian Sharp.
Avnet Technology Solutions has deployed a Brocade-based network infrastructure inside its datacentres in its mission to provide self-service Cloud computing resources to Australian resellers
SoftLayer has fuelled hybrid Cloud adoption by attracting thousands of new customers according to parent company IBM.
A former Avnet and itX staff member has revealed the recent restructure at the distributor was not the first, but the third round of job cuts in as many years.
The next virtualisation boom is in the mail as we move to a world of ubiquitous availability of information. That’s according to some experts in the channel who are predicting a “virtualisation explosion” as companies look to virtualise network and storage, managing every piece of physical equipment in the datacentre through a virtual software layer.
Avnet Technology Solutions has launched its latest offering to the Australian market with the inclusion of Hewlett Packard Financial Services. The new service has Avnet hoping it will become the financial partner of choice in the Australian market.
A day in the life of itX Group managing director, Laurie Sellers, is filled with crunching the numbers (he can colourfully chat about how to file an IPO prospectus and recite the steps involved in preparation for the Avnet takeover) to leading a team of 135 people at one of Australia’s most successful distribution companies.
Despite the deterioration of global economies and fears of recession, Avnet’s general manager, Gavin Lawless, is optimistic about the IT channel's chances in 2009. In the first of ARN’s new Distributor Directions series with leading distribution chiefs, he talked to ARN about the effects of the economic downturn, market conditions and strategies for the New Year.
- China says US hacking accusations are 'totally groundless'
- Ig Nobels promise scientific silliness – which is kind of the point
- BitTorrent Bleep's serverless, peer-to-peer messaging enters public alpha
- Right-to-be-forgotten 'dashboard' to help EU's data protection authorities
- AMI gets members' choice board of directors
- Coca-Cola strategy VP: Creativity at the heart of real-time digital interaction
- Former ninemsn exec appointed CEO at bar tab app startup, Clipp
- Aussie consulting group plans to help brands solve customer experience woes
- Deloitte CMO: The differentiation point for businesses is creativity
- CoinJar’s bitcoin EFTPOS card to hit the market next week
- Queensland Government appoints Interactive Intelligence to ICT Service Panel
- More than 200 Aussie Apple fanatics hire minions to stand in line for iPhone 6
- Former Microsoft exec named CEO of Australian bar tab start-up
- More News
- 29 Sep
- Vendor and Supplier Management Workshop
- 30 Oct
- Ovum 2020 Telecoms Summit
- 05 Nov
- vForum 2014
- 25 Nov
- GovInnovate Summit
- View all events