Avnet in pictures
News about Avnet
Interviews about Avnet
ARN's latest roundtable, 'Tag-teaming it: Collaborating in the channel to pull in the big Cloud deals’ was held at Est. in Sydney, and sponsored by IBM. The event saw industry experts from across the spectrum discuss the various methods managed service providers, independent software vendors, systems integrators and their Channel partners can work together in the new, rapidly maturing Cloud market to grow their businesses. ARN's full feature write up of the session will be available in the August 20 edition. Photographs by Ian Sharp.
Avnet Technology Solutions has deployed a Brocade-based network infrastructure inside its datacentres in its mission to provide self-service Cloud computing resources to Australian resellers
SoftLayer has fuelled hybrid Cloud adoption by attracting thousands of new customers according to parent company IBM.
A former Avnet and itX staff member has revealed the recent restructure at the distributor was not the first, but the third round of job cuts in as many years.
The next virtualisation boom is in the mail as we move to a world of ubiquitous availability of information. That’s according to some experts in the channel who are predicting a “virtualisation explosion” as companies look to virtualise network and storage, managing every piece of physical equipment in the datacentre through a virtual software layer.
Avnet Technology Solutions has launched its latest offering to the Australian market with the inclusion of Hewlett Packard Financial Services. The new service has Avnet hoping it will become the financial partner of choice in the Australian market.
IT solutions distributor Avnet held its Christmas Party 2013 on a Sydney harbour cruise. Guests enjoyed aperitifs, drinks and Avnet presented its awards. Photos by Allan Swann.
Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) has signed a distribution deal with Sydney based Avnet.
A day in the life of itX Group managing director, Laurie Sellers, is filled with crunching the numbers (he can colourfully chat about how to file an IPO prospectus and recite the steps involved in preparation for the Avnet takeover) to leading a team of 135 people at one of Australia’s most successful distribution companies.
Despite the deterioration of global economies and fears of recession, Avnet’s general manager, Gavin Lawless, is optimistic about the IT channel's chances in 2009. In the first of ARN’s new Distributor Directions series with leading distribution chiefs, he talked to ARN about the effects of the economic downturn, market conditions and strategies for the New Year.
- NRMA launches new content portal for over 50s
- Australians lead the world for programmatic video advertising growth
- Growth hacking and bridging the marketing/product gap: The Hipages story
- CMO Council State of Marketing shows CMO confident in c-level role, revenue targets
- Customer centricity is the difference between intent and action, says NAB
- Investment in services pays off for ASG
- Voice over 4G: Vodafone lands Australian first
- Distribution Central launches Fusion Systems in SAN Systems rebrand
- Elisha joins Pivotal as new CTO
- More News
- 20 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Melbourne
- 21 Aug
- CAST 611 Advanced Penetration Testing
- 25 Aug
- CA IT Leaders Forum ’14 Brisbane
- 26 Aug
- Integrate 2014 Exhibition & Conference
- View all events