It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
Facebook has topped the list of Android apps that drain your mobile phone's performance, according to AVG's App Performance Rank.
AVG Technologies is moving away from being a traditional antivirus company to become a provider of Cloud services.
AVG is now the dominant PC and mobile security app in the Australian market, according to the latest Telsyte Australian Digital Consumer study.
Centrify has raised a further $US42 million in funding to support its Cloud-based identity management portfolio.
Security services and software vendor, AVG, has expanded to its security services suite with the debut of its remote management and monitoring (RMM) application platform, Managed Workplace , at CeBIT 2014 in Sydney’s Olympic Park.
AVG has released its security threats predictions for the new year, and the sophisticated attacks that defined 2013 look to continue.
Network Solutions is investigating an attack by a pro-Palestinian hacking group that redirected websites belonging to several companies.
AVG (AU/NZ) managing director, Peter Cameron, is in charge of one of Australia’s fastest growing niche distributors. He speaks to MATTHEW SAINSBURY about starting as a youth worker, travelling for work, and what he thinks of Amazon’s Kindle.
- Sprint, Windstream traffic routing errors hijacked other ISPs
- New malware spreads over Twitch chat, targets Steam accounts
- Isles of Scilly council dragged over coals by Information Commissioner for letting documents slip
- Researcher disputes report BlackPOS used in Home Depot, Target attacks
- IDF 2014: Developers must address security and privacy concerns as IoT grows
- US retailer Kohl's develops prototype to predict shopping trolley abandonment
- Google acquires online survey specialist Polar
- Permission-based programmatic advertising taps into customer data disclosure trend
- Qantas confirms launch of customer data management business
- Retailers need to lift their mobile and digital game, finds new report