Avaya in pictures
News about Avaya
Interviews about Avaya
Avaya must give its customers access to maintenance software for some enterprise phone switches so they can service the systems themselves or hire a third party to work on them, a US federal judge has ruled.
Former NetApp channel and alliances director for Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ), Todd Parsons, has been appointed to a similar role by unified communications (UC) vendor, Avaya.
Today, we'd like to point out some highlights from two recent reports. The first report, "UC Evolves to Enhance Business Applications," was written by industry analyst and UC expert (and Network World blogger) Zeus Kerravala. The second piece is a white paper provided by Oracle titled "Centralized vs. Distributed SIP Trunking: Making an Informed Decision."
The connected living market is set to grow to more than $730 billion by 2020, presenting "huge" opportunities for Telco and and IT vendors, according to analysts.
OpenStack has an impressive list of corporate backers. Red Hat, Rackspace, HP, IBM and AT&T are contributing thousands of lines of code to the open source project and helping deliver an updated version of the cloud computing platform twice a year to allow for easier installation and better manageability.
Distribution Central has introduced a new ordering system to its Avaya Configurator which it claims eliminates the complexities resellers previously had in buying the unified communications (UC) vendor’s hardware.
Westcon Group's resellers are now being rewarded for the artfulness of opening a deal, rather than closing one.
A federal jury in New Jersey has handed a setback to Avaya, ruling that it illegally tried to quash competition for service on its enterprise communications equipment.
Features about Avaya
Nortel agreed to sell its Enterprise Solutions group to Avaya for US$475 million, barring any better offers from other potential bidders under the "stalking horse" arrangement. Nortel's enterprise chief Joel Hackney shared a few thoughts about the deal and its implications.
Charles Giancarlo spent more than a decade at Cisco Systems and was widely considered a likely heir to Chairman and CEO John Chambers before he left last year for investment company Silver Lake Partners. Then Silver Lake orchestrated a private-equity buyout of Cisco rival Avaya, and Giancarlo stepped in as interim president and CEO. In January, former JDS Uniphase chief Kevin Kennedy will take over day-to-day operations as president and CEO, and Giancarlo will become chairman. Stephen Lawson of the IDG News Service spoke with Giancarlo on Tuesday after he delivered the opening keynote at VoiceCon in San Francisco.
Interim Avaya CEO Charles Giancarlo is winding down his tenure at the helm as the company narrows down a permanent replacement for former CEO Lou D'Ambrosio, who stepped down earlier this year for health reasons.
With Nokia Siemens bidding on Nortel's wireless business and Avaya rumored to be grabbing up its enterprise gear, it is all but inevitable that the rest of company will be broken up and sold off in pieces, which raises questions. Here are some of them and the answers.
- PCI regime has bred complacent tick-box security among retailers, Tripwire survey finds
- No.10 Downing Street opens its doors to start-ups for first time
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
- Paddy Power contacts 650,000 customers over data theft
- Attackers can easily create dangerous file-encrypting malware, new threat suggests
- McKinsey details 5 ways CMOs can spearhead business leadership
- Digital delivery lies at the heart of customer centricity, says AMP director
- Friday infographic: Who rules social channels for marketing, customer service?
- In a hyper-social world, some seek a little privacy
- Chatswood Chase reveals customer insights from iBeacon trial
- One in five apps send passwords as clear text: Symantec
- Mitro makes password manager open source as team heads to Twitter
- Aug 01
- Microsoft security tool EMET 5.0 puts a leash on plugins
- Aug 01
- ACCC revises mobile terminating access service prices
- More News
- 05 Aug
- Systems Technology Day - Build Your Own Private Cloud
- 06 Aug
- Oracle Employee Experience Journey Mapping Workshops
- 20 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Melbourne
- 21 Aug
- CAST 611 Advanced Penetration Testing
- View all events