Research firm, Analysys Mason, claims LTE in 2014 “will make the spectrum-rich richer, and the spectrum-poor just a little better off” as more operators will deploy LTE-A carrier aggregation (CA) which benefits those with multiple spectrum positions; in particular, operators with small pieces and those which are combining acquired networks.
AT&T and GE have teamed up to connect what could be millions of future GE industrial lights, engines and other hardware with AT&T's global wireless network.
Operators in almost all markets are in the process of implementing long term evolution (LTE).
While operators are already generating strong revenue from machine-to-machine (M2M) - $US10 billion worldwide in 2013 – growth opportunities for the sector will occur in emerging regions as applications are tailored to local market and the cost of solutions declines, according to Analysys Mason.
While the acquisition of Nokia’s devices and services business by Microsoft for $5.57 billion is a “logical step forward” by the latter, it will have limited impact on the smartphone market in the short to medium term, according to Analysys Mason.
Smartphone owners who also have a tablet spend three times as much on apps as those who only own smartphones, according to a survey by research and consulting firm Analysys Mason.
A new report shows just how much smartphone users love Facebook, checking it as much as 14 times a day. In advance of Thursday's Facebook phone announcement, this could be good news for the social network.
Twenty-seven per cent of communications service providers (CSPs) has no strategy for Big Data analytics in 2013, and the vast amount of information they hold about their subscribers remains “largely untapped,” according to research firm, Analysys Mason.
- PCI regime has bred complacent tick-box security among retailers, Tripwire survey finds
- No.10 Downing Street opens its doors to start-ups for first time
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
- Paddy Power contacts 650,000 customers over data theft
- Attackers can easily create dangerous file-encrypting malware, new threat suggests
- McKinsey details 5 ways CMOs can spearhead business leadership
- Digital delivery lies at the heart of customer centricity, says AMP director
- Friday infographic: Who rules social channels for marketing, customer service?
- In a hyper-social world, some seek a little privacy
- Chatswood Chase reveals customer insights from iBeacon trial