AT&T and GE have teamed up to connect what could be millions of future GE industrial lights, engines and other hardware with AT&T's global wireless network.
Operators in almost all markets are in the process of implementing long term evolution (LTE).
While operators are already generating strong revenue from machine-to-machine (M2M) - $US10 billion worldwide in 2013 – growth opportunities for the sector will occur in emerging regions as applications are tailored to local market and the cost of solutions declines, according to Analysys Mason.
While the acquisition of Nokia’s devices and services business by Microsoft for $5.57 billion is a “logical step forward” by the latter, it will have limited impact on the smartphone market in the short to medium term, according to Analysys Mason.
Smartphone owners who also have a tablet spend three times as much on apps as those who only own smartphones, according to a survey by research and consulting firm Analysys Mason.
A new report shows just how much smartphone users love Facebook, checking it as much as 14 times a day. In advance of Thursday's Facebook phone announcement, this could be good news for the social network.
Twenty-seven per cent of communications service providers (CSPs) has no strategy for Big Data analytics in 2013, and the vast amount of information they hold about their subscribers remains “largely untapped,” according to research firm, Analysys Mason.
The worldwide enterprise Cloud-based services market will grow from $US18.3 billion in 2012 to $US21.9bn in 2017 according to research company, Analysys Mason.
Sign up now »
What System Builders Need to Know About Solid State Hybrid Drives (SSHD)
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Regional privacy authorities may use data-sharing 'white lists' to boost enforcement
- The week in security: Microsoft fights NSA as shadow IT bites business
- Information Commissioner received no eHealth privacy complaints in 2012-13
- Public sector fails to tackle £20.6bn a year fraud using big data
- Cybercriminals have access to 100 zero-day flaws on any day, NSS Labs calculates
- Apple knows where shoppers are in its stores with nationwide iBeacon rollout
- Should Facebook, Yahoo and Twitter really judge what's news?
- Distracted consumers spend less time on social than email marketing: Report
- New report busts myths about millennials and their digital and social behaviour
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices