As expected, analysts were prompt to compile market forecasts in response to Apple’s annual revelation event which, this year, saw it unveil its iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and the Apple Watch.
While smartwatch adoption remains limited by (a lack of) consumer interest, Analysys Mason claims Apple will drive growth in the market and consequently bring demand to competing manufacturers.
Research firm, Analysys Mason, claims LTE in 2014 “will make the spectrum-rich richer, and the spectrum-poor just a little better off” as more operators will deploy LTE-A carrier aggregation (CA) which benefits those with multiple spectrum positions; in particular, operators with small pieces and those which are combining acquired networks.
AT&T and GE have teamed up to connect what could be millions of future GE industrial lights, engines and other hardware with AT&T's global wireless network.
Operators in almost all markets are in the process of implementing long term evolution (LTE).
While operators are already generating strong revenue from machine-to-machine (M2M) - $US10 billion worldwide in 2013 – growth opportunities for the sector will occur in emerging regions as applications are tailored to local market and the cost of solutions declines, according to Analysys Mason.
While the acquisition of Nokia’s devices and services business by Microsoft for $5.57 billion is a “logical step forward” by the latter, it will have limited impact on the smartphone market in the short to medium term, according to Analysys Mason.
Smartphone owners who also have a tablet spend three times as much on apps as those who only own smartphones, according to a survey by research and consulting firm Analysys Mason.
- Government-private sector collaboration vital for cyber security: Brandis
- Talking ’bout my generation – the next wave of infosec
- Australia's online ads less fraudulent but lower quality than elsewhere
- Project Fi will help Google amass even more data about you
- Camio turns your spare phone or tablet into Dropcam
- Microsoft's retail store a step forward in building immersive lifestyle experience, says brand expert
- Twitter boosts beacon technology with investment in Swirl Networks
- NetSuite to acquire Bronto's digital marketing platform for US$200m
- Beacon trial aims to engage Sydneysiders with new World War II sculpture
- MCG rates success of beacon trials for customer engagement