Research firm, Analysys Mason, claims LTE in 2014 “will make the spectrum-rich richer, and the spectrum-poor just a little better off” as more operators will deploy LTE-A carrier aggregation (CA) which benefits those with multiple spectrum positions; in particular, operators with small pieces and those which are combining acquired networks.
AT&T and GE have teamed up to connect what could be millions of future GE industrial lights, engines and other hardware with AT&T's global wireless network.
Operators in almost all markets are in the process of implementing long term evolution (LTE).
While operators are already generating strong revenue from machine-to-machine (M2M) - $US10 billion worldwide in 2013 – growth opportunities for the sector will occur in emerging regions as applications are tailored to local market and the cost of solutions declines, according to Analysys Mason.
While the acquisition of Nokia’s devices and services business by Microsoft for $5.57 billion is a “logical step forward” by the latter, it will have limited impact on the smartphone market in the short to medium term, according to Analysys Mason.
Smartphone owners who also have a tablet spend three times as much on apps as those who only own smartphones, according to a survey by research and consulting firm Analysys Mason.
A new report shows just how much smartphone users love Facebook, checking it as much as 14 times a day. In advance of Thursday's Facebook phone announcement, this could be good news for the social network.
Twenty-seven per cent of communications service providers (CSPs) has no strategy for Big Data analytics in 2013, and the vast amount of information they hold about their subscribers remains “largely untapped,” according to research firm, Analysys Mason.
Sign up now »
The IT Service Providers Bench marking Study was conducted in February 2013 by Decision Tree Labs and commissioned by Autotask. The study results indicate a strong shift toward utilizing business metrics to ensure long-term business health and growth. The charts that follow are intended to serve as benchmarks for IT service providers worldwide.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Assange at SXSW: 'Who really wears the pants in the administration?'
- Abortion clinic BPAS fined £200k after website hack
- Europol chief warns against sending sensitive data over public wi-fi
- Government considers higher fines for data protection breaches
- SXSW starts out with spotlight on security, as Google's Schmidt sounds off on NSA
- Women's rights campaigns to take over social discovery app Tinder
- Telling the right story: Best Western's customer experience journey
- Trust issue looms large for tech companies capitalizing on personal data
- Getty makes 35 million images embeddable to gather data, monetize usage
- More followers can bring more social rage: Virgin Mobile