alcatel-lucent in pictures
News about alcatel-lucent
Interviews about alcatel-lucent
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise has appointed Steve Saunders to the newly created role of Cloud director for the Asia Pacific region.
Alcatel-Lucent this week extended its carrier SDN product line with an automation and network control system designed to accelerate service provisioning from multivendor IP and optical infrastructure.
Sonus Networks has expanded its product portfolio in the Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand ecosystem.
As it awaits to be swallowed up by Nokia, Alcatel-Lucent continues to expand its switching and virtual networking portfolio.
Size is power in the mobile networks business, but it's only one of the reasons Nokia is acquiring Alcatel-Lucent.
ALLEN, TX -- Nokia's $16.6 billion acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent is an example of the industry shifting just as Cisco predicted, its CEO said this week.
EU charges Google with antitrust and opens Android probe... Intel sales down along with PCs... new lawsuits challenge net neutrality... and more tech news.
Features about alcatel-lucent
“When considering the strengths and weaknesses of Alcatel-Lucent and Nokia and their product portfolios, a merger of the two businesses seems logical."
William Hanna, vice president of technical services at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), went out looking for a way to add capacity to a backup network and found what he wanted in Software Defined Networking (SDN) tools from Alcatel-Lucent. Network World Editor in Chief John Dix sat down with Hanna to learn about the process and experience.
The Federal Government’s $36 billion National Broadband Network (NBN) aspires to be an open-access network which will eventually level the playing-field in the broadband market for ISPs nationwide.
But one company already has its own open-access network, albeit on a smaller scale.
TransACT began its life in the 2000 and has strong ties with the main utility services supplier in ACT, ActewAGL. Its origins stemmed from the fact Telstra and Optus left Canberra out of their HFC broadband network footprint.
The possible acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent of France by Finland-based Nokia would bring together complementary patent portfolios and increase their scale against larger global competitors, analysts said Tuesday.
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is expected to happen in the coming year.
- Ads for MacKeeper refunds will run on Facebook
- Synology cloud sync bug exposes Macs to full takeover
- Thieves stole data on 100,000 US taxpayers through IRS app
- Advanced threat protection: Key insights from the ComputerworldUK cybersecurity conference
- As smartwatches gain traction, personal data privacy worries mount
- Apple back on top of Top 100 Global Brands list
- Lendlease revitalises branding to match next pipeline of projects
- CMO interview: Austbroker’s head of marketing on global thinking, digital delivery and data
- Qantas sets up new panel for Red Planet to conduct market research
- Updated: REA's marketing strategy chief takes CMO post at MYOB
- Optus Vision 2015: Patairidis - from telco to ICT company
- Bain Capital finalises Blue Coat acquisition
- Hunting crooks on a digital playground
- Lenovo introduces new budget laptops
- More News
- 27 May
- World Business Forum Sydney
- 27 May
- Optus Vision 2015: Road to Growth
- 28 May
- D-LINK TECHNOLOGY SEMINAR (Far North QLD)
- 28 May
- SplunkLive! Canberra
- View all events